• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
Lost count how many times those ******s faked head injuries today. Time for a rule change, if you have a head injury then you leave the field for a minimum of 5 minutes and need doctors clearance to re-enter play !!!!!!!!

Lost count how many times those ******s faked head injuries today. Time for a rule change, if you have a head injury then you leave the field for a minimum of 5 minutes and need doctors clearance to re-enter play !!!!!!!!

Not often I agree with you, but I make you right here. Nothing but cheating.

Not often I agree with you, but I make you right here. Nothing but cheating.

Yep, Southend are attacking, I'll go down holding my head and the ref will stop the game. Then, when I've faked it enough, the ref will give us the ball.

Edwards went off laughing near the end after yet another 'head injury'

The way one player acted after heading the ball you would have thought it was made of concrete. Clearly the referee was not up to the job today. Complete disgrace on both counts.

Good thread. Holding your head now constitutes a dangerous injury, resulting in the game being stopped. It's incredibly convenient for when the opposition are attacking. We need to see bookings or this will get out of hand.

Let it go. I'm sorry we would have done exactly the same if the boot had been on the other foot. We would have delayed throw ins and goal kicks. If we'd had the upper hand we would have play acted. That's a fact.

Let it go. I'm sorry we would have done exactly the same if the boot had been on the other foot. We would have delayed throw ins and goal kicks. If we'd had the upper hand we would have play acted. That's a fact.

I don't think we ever have stooped that low and don't believe we would

Good point DD. But could you see today's referee going anywhere near his book for this when it took him to the last quarter of the game to start booking their players for time wasting.

You're talking bollocks, i'm proud to say that in the 40 years i've watched us we have never resorted to faking head / serious injuries !!!!!!!!

I don't think we ever have stooped that low and don't believe we would
I'm as gutted by the result and their antics as everyone else but I've seen it on many an occasion with the boot on the other foot. Football fans are notoriously blinkered about their club. Maybe this is my way of dealing with my devastation about today!

I'm as gutted by the result and their antics as everyone else but I've seen it on many an occasion with the boot on the other foot. Football fans are notoriously blinkered about their club. Maybe this is my way of dealing with my devastation about today!

You've seen Southend players hold their head to stop a game when the opposition is attacking? Bollocks you have

Ref was a bloody disgrace, went to Burton last Sunday and they played up the same there feigning injury and time wasting and ref fell for it then as well, absolutely disgraceful.

Totally agree. In fact i was saying exactly the same thing as I left the ground.
But not because of the timewasting of course, there are more head injuries in the game these days, given the number of stoppages we are seeing, and the players need protecting . If they have concussion they cant play for 7 days so surely they should be checked by the Dr on call if the ref deems it serious enough to stop the game.

You've seen Southend players hold their head to stop a game when the opposition is attacking? Bollocks you have
I've seen players from all clubs do things that have made me feel a quite uncomfortable in their desire to beat the opposition.

Agree totally, sometimes referees will allow play to continue for a short period if it seems like a normal knock or blow but a head injury is of course a different matter and the ref even if he has doubts must stop play immediately. Fair enough, but as you say having to leave the field for 5 or 10 mins should deter the cheats and should give the doc time for a quick assesement.

In a similar vein its so annoying when a player is rolling around in death throes one minute then jumps up and runs to resume his position or take the free kick. Immediate yellow for me.

Back