• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Heard a horrible rumor

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 13 2004,14:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 13 2004,13:57)]Well he didn't say the pretty poor players part but we know players aren't great as there playing at Divvie 3 level. He just said the main thing is that the players work hard for each other ... and you should get the rewards!

Kev
so you was economical with the truth then
58.gif
So first we see Scriv leave us for SUFC... and judging by the skills he demonstrates when 'quoting' football managers, we could be seeing The Genreal leave us for The Sun's sports team.

rock.gif

Imagine, each of his stories in The Sun ending with '......'

biggrin.gif

I see that Wozza's been speaking to the Echo - full marks to him for his PR:

<span style='color:navy'>&quot;Of course I&#39;d love to stay at Southend although the offer would have to be right for me and my family as I have three kids,&quot; said Warren, who joined Blues last summer from Colchester United.

&quot;It&#39;s been a very enjoyable season. It&#39;s been a bit up and down at times, I&#39;ve had a few injuries but there have been a lot of highs as well.

&quot;We reached the Millennium Stadium and beat Colchester - and they were both great moments for me.&quot;
</span>

Talking of Col Ewe, I see they&#39;ve released Thomas Pinault - which is a big surprise. Thought he was bloomin&#39; brilliant when they played us - and at only 22 he&#39;s pretty young too&#33;

Any room for him in the Roots Hall midfield? Whaddya reckon?

rock.gif

Matt

Incidentally, mixed reactions on the Farmers&#39; boards to Pinault leaving... loads of talent, but not necessarily loads of application.

Doesn&#39;t sound like a Tilly player to me...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 13 2004,17:19)]I see that Wozza&#39;s been speaking to the Echo - full marks to him for his PR:

<span style='color:navy'>&quot;Of course I&#39;d love to stay at Southend

&quot;We reached the Millennium Stadium and beat Colchester - and they were both great moments for me.&quot;
</span>
All of which was already revealed here on SZ before the Echo, after we spoke to him last week.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 13 2004,17:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 13 2004,17:19)]I see that Wozza&#39;s been speaking to the Echo - full marks to him for his PR:

<span style='color:navy'>&quot;Of course I&#39;d love to stay at Southend

</span>
All of which was already revealed here on SZ before the Echo, after we spoke to him last week.

biggrin.gif
True enough... but it&#39;s always nice to see it in print&#33;

biggrin.gif

Anyone with any thoughts about Pinault?

Matt

Just seen this from Pinault on footballtransfers.co.uk:

&quot;I am really grateful to Colchester United, they gave me my first professional contract and that is something you can&#39;t buy. I have nothing against the manager or anyone else at the club, I am leaving on good terms and only for football reasons.
It wasn&#39;t a really big decision, I have been here for five years now and I feel it is time for me to set new challenges for myself. My goal is to play in a higher league and I think I am good enough to play in the First Division.
When I signed my last contract at the club three years ago I said to myself that it would be time to move on at the end of that deal and find somewhere else to play. Some players are happy to stay playing at Division Two level but I am ambitious and I want to play at the highest level I can.
I did not start the last 12 games of the season and I didn&#39;t really agree with the manager&#39;s reasons but that has got nothing to do with why I am leaving.
I left home when I was 17 to come to another country so it was a big move for me then and I would be happy to move to a club anywhere in Europe to play for the best club that I can.
The fans have been brilliant for me, especially when I was a young lad at 17 years old it was good for me to have people telling me &#39;you are a good player&#39; soon after leaving home. Since I have been at the club the fans at Colchester have always chanted my name and they have been really good to me.
When I first came to Colchester I was a little skilful player but now I feel I have got the other side of the game; I have the physical side to my game now that you need to play in England and I have been improving all the time I have been here.&quot;

Think we can safely rule him out, Matt.

Back