• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Heat 6 - "The Bitch Song" - Bowling for Soup v "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen

Video

• Bowling For Soup

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Queen

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
Heat 7 - "The Bitch Song" - Bowling for Soup v "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen

3 - Ian180 - The Bitch Song - Bowling for soup v 5 - Davewebbsbrain - Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

If I was a gambling man, right now I would be sticking every penny I have on Bowling for Soup walking this one...

Last edited:
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

There is so much to be said of this video and I'll add some other facts with every round it gets to. Not the greatest, least because is was basically the first music video, giving us what we have today, as the below states.

Queen made a video for this to air on Top Of The Pops, a popular British music show, because the song was too complex to perform live. It started a trend in the UK of making videos for songs to air in place of live performances. When MTV launched in 1981, most of their videos came from British artists for this reason. In the December 12, 2004 issue of The Observer newspaper, Roger Taylor explained: "We did everything we possibly could to avoid appearing in Top Of The Pops. It was one, the most boring day known to man, and two, it's all about not actually playing - pretending to sing, pretending to play. We came up with the video concept to avoid playing on Top Of The Pops."

[video=youtube;fJ9rUzIMcZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ[/video]

Just because Bohemian Rhapsody was the first real music video, doesn't automatically make it the best. Personally I think it's a pretty dull video for a great song.

Just because Bohemian Rhapsody was the first real music video, doesn't automatically make it the best. Personally I think it's a pretty dull video for a great song.

It's a great video because it led the way to what we have today...without it, who knows.

It's a great video because it led the way to what we have today...without it, who knows.

I'd say it's an important video because of that rather than a great one. Often the first of anything is average to say the least Orville and Wilbur Wright's "Wright Flyer" was probably the most important airplane in history, yet I'd argue it's not the greatest (it could only fly a few yards"

But the video to that god awful Bowling For Soup track makes Queen a stand out winner surely?

Of course the best Bohemian Rhapsody video is this one

[video=youtube;IlxozJh2JNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlxozJh2JNo&feature=related[/video]

Back