• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Heat 8 "Money for Nothing" - Dire Staits v "Just" by Radiohead

Video

• Dire Straits

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Radiohead

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
6 - marvel315 - 'Money for nothing' - Dire Straitsv 12 MK - "Just" by Radiohead

Computerised removal men v a guy lying on the floor for 5 minutes.

So much more than a bloke lying on a floor. Like an episode of Lost, you WANT to know why he can't say to the passers by why he's lying down. It's a riddle trapped inside an enigma inside a Countdown Conundrum that's inside Rachel Riley's undercrackers.

Classic song also!

[video=youtube;-_qMagfZtv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qMagfZtv8[/video]

Vote for Just....and be nice it's my birthday today :smile:

Just is a great song, but the video for Money for Nothing reminds me of Saturdays in Perfect Pizza in Basildon when they had MTV on big screens with my mum and dad and thinking wow, I wish my Spectrum did this.

[video=youtube;GWXDjiKVs2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWXDjiKVs2U[/video]

NME, hence it's gospel. Q is for old farts who like Dire Straits. :winking:

And NME is for people who think that the Pigeon Detectives are a credible group. Personally I form my musical opinions from listening to music and judging rather than listening to the advice of some 35 year old no-mark who spent his late teens/early 20s listening to the Smiths and Ned's Atomic Dustbin whilst eating Pot Noodle and generally hating anything with a 4/4 beat.

And NME is for people who think that the Pigeon Detectives are a credible group. Personally I form my musical opinions from listening to music and judging rather than listening to the advice of some 35 year old no-mark who spent his late teens/early 20s listening to the Smiths and Ned's Atomic Dustbin whilst eating Pot Noodle and generally hating anything with a 4/4 beat.

:hilarious: Haven't bought a copy of the NME in over 15 years. Or Q come to that. Or infact any magazine that doesn't come free with a left wing newspaper.

Likewise, I agree with this. Some of Radiohead's later stuff is nothing short of genius.

Just out of interest listen to this Level 42 track, circa 1981 at a minute in, then at 2 minutes in:

[video=youtube;veh-a9gnUVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veh-a9gnUVc&feature=related[/video]

Then listen to Paranoid Android, a track from the 90's, about 50 seconds in and again at 1 min 40 secs

Very much a slightly slowed down riff of the Level 42 tune some 12/13 years previous.....Genius

OOOOOOOOOOohhhhhhhh k.........

Anyway, congratulations to Marvel. Reckon this lad will go far :winking:

Typical commie...presented with facts but just sidestep them with a nonchelent comment. Did you even listen to both songs?

Commie? :finger:

Yes there's a vague similiarity to a tiny portion of the song but so what? It's a coincidence. I doubt Thom Yorke & co would damage their ear drums listening to that *****.

Commie? :finger:

Yes there's a vague similiarity to a tiny portion of the song but so what? It's a coincidence. I doubt Thom Yorke & co would damage their ear drums listening to that *****.

Vague similarity...you are having a laugh, it's exactly the same.

Back