• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]HeyShrimpers,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Nervous,very nervous! No, not at the very easy process of joiningShrimperzone, but the longing hope filled gazes at my phone. Waiting,waiting... will the ticket office call back with Morecambe tickets?!

[/FONT]
Is'ntit great that an essentially simple sport and supporting SUFC (I'msure we will come back to that later) evokes such a breadth ofreactions from all walks of life. Hence, finally, after many years'lurking' I have joined the many others on this site who trulyunderstand this concept. And moreso revel in all of its highs andlows.
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Itcan be hard to explain the feeling of leaving a game with that roar,that hum of the intensity of the crowd ringing in your ears, evendays later. This season, and more recent games have reinvoked thisunique sensation, especially Bury and Luton, and hopefully Morecambe.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Oddly,I can already hear/sense this phenomenon coming from the Globe Arena!I'm sure we can all already feel it. I have been to many other gamesnot associated with SUFC (mainly in a business context, in corp boxeswhich I dislike), and I have yet to experience the supportexperienced at SUFC away games particularly, even with sometimesrelatively small numbers. Its incredible some times.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Aswe all love numbers and stats on this site, heres a few by way ofintroduction;
[/FONT]
1 - WINNING is everything (but if they work their socks off, losing is 'more easily' dealt with)
100,000 – And counting missed heart beats
1,000's – Travelled miles/pounds spent
100's – Games watched (some partly with my eyes closed, but not rose tinted glasses)
79 – First game. The start of the affair. Liverpool FAC. Top of South Bank/Dads shoulders. Snow.
64 – Away grounds (inc. Wembley and Cardiff Millenium)
50 – Tears. I'll admit to 50. Thats all.
40 – Years a supporter
30 – Near heart attacks!
20 – Twenty times a day I think about SUFC
10 – Girlfriends over the years who thought I was insane
7 – Scarfs. Mostly ruined by being dragged for miles out of a car window (see above)
5 – EX Girlfriends who thought they were more important than SUFC (just kidding, really)
4 – Times I thought I had hypothermia (Barnsley x2, Blackburn x1,)
3 – Times I thought we may all die if that Sea King Helicoptor at Carlisle went out of control
2 – Appearances as a ball boy at Roots Hall in 76/77
1 – One Team in Essex, in fact the entire world, in my tiny mind.
1 – WINNING is everything (but if they work their socks off, losing is 'more easily' dealt with)

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]****UTB****[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]HeyShrimpers,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Nervous,very nervous! No, not at the very easy process of joiningShrimperzone, but the longing hope filled gazes at my phone. Waiting,waiting... will the ticket office call back with Morecambe tickets?!

[/FONT]
Is'ntit great that an essentially simple sport and supporting SUFC (I'msure we will come back to that later) evokes such a breadth ofreactions from all walks of life. Hence, finally, after many years'lurking' I have joined the many others on this site who trulyunderstand this concept. And moreso revel in all of its highs andlows.
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Itcan be hard to explain the feeling of leaving a game with that roar,that hum of the intensity of the crowd ringing in your ears, evendays later. This season, and more recent games have reinvoked thisunique sensation, especially Bury and Luton, and hopefully Morecambe.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Oddly,I can already hear/sense this phenomenon coming from the Globe Arena!I'm sure we can all already feel it. I have been to many other gamesnot associated with SUFC (mainly in a business context, in corp boxeswhich I dislike), and I have yet to experience the supportexperienced at SUFC away games particularly, even with sometimesrelatively small numbers. Its incredible some times.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Aswe all love numbers and stats on this site, heres a few by way ofintroduction;
[/FONT]
1 - WINNING is everything (but if they work their socks off, losing is 'more easily' dealt with)
100,000 – And counting missed heart beats
1,000's – Travelled miles/pounds spent
100's – Games watched (some partly with my eyes closed, but not rose tinted glasses)
79 – First game. The start of the affair. Liverpool FAC. Top of South Bank/Dads shoulders. Snow.
64 – Away grounds (inc. Wembley and Cardiff Millenium)
50 – Tears. I'll admit to 50. Thats all.
40 – Years a supporter
30 – Near heart attacks!
20 – Twenty times a day I think about SUFC
10 – Girlfriends over the years who thought I was insane
7 – Scarfs. Mostly ruined by being dragged for miles out of a car window (see above)
5 – EX Girlfriends who thought they were more important than SUFC (just kidding, really)
4 – Times I thought I had hypothermia (Barnsley x2, Blackburn x1,)
3 – Times I thought we may all die if that Sea King Helicoptor at Carlisle went out of control
2 – Appearances as a ball boy at Roots Hall in 76/77
1 – One Team in Essex, in fact the entire world, in my tiny mind.
1 – WINNING is everything (but if they work their socks off, losing is 'more easily' dealt with)

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]****UTB****[/FONT]

Welcome to the mad mad world of SZ.

Thinking you had hypothermia 4 times, twice at Barnsley and once and Blackburn. When was the fourth time?

Yes, sorry one of my many apparent typos (distracted by the Ticket office mid publishing the thread). The 4th being Roker Park, a ground loved by the Blues teams of the past, going by our results record vs Sunderland away.

Hi Spoons, no, as lovely as it appears I've not sampled the joy of a winters game at Boundary Park aka some other ridiculous name.

Welcome to the site, great first post.

Hope you stick around for the long run now you've made the jump from casual viewer to poster. Look forward to reading more of your posts. Any issues or problems feel free to contact myself or any of the mod/admin team. :happy:

Back