• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

stu blue

Schoolboy
I have been lurking around SZ for about a year now, just reading what everyone elses opions on the mighty shrimpers are, and im totally new to this sort of thing so please be gentle with me!! I have followed Southend since my dad took me in the late 80's, when the north bank was the terraced home end and had open air toilets in the NW corner!! the first players i can really recall were David Crown, Paul clark and Roy Mcdonught to give you some idea of the year. I was bitten by the Southend bug!! i was born near Fairways and whilst most of my friends chose the "bigger" teams eg Wet Spam etc i have stuck with SUFC and even done my work experience at the club which led to me getting a match day job in the ticket office doing the complimentry tickets (by the way however bad you think the ticket office is now, its miles better than it was back in 97!!) I have been to most home games this season and Palace away and have yet to see us win this season, but dont worry we are gauranteed to beat man u as i didnt manage to get a ticket, even though i had a Hull ticket before the draw was made
mad.gif
anyway my point is we have come along way down since topping the league after beating Newcastle and a long way up from almost being in the conference a couple of years ago. i expected a long hard season and to avoid relegation will be a massive achievement this year. i would quite happily take a 6-0 drubbing against man u for 3 points at wolves at the weekend!!

Welcome aboard, Stu!

I agree with you entirely about the three points we so desperately need.

I really think that one of these days someone's going to dominate us all over the park, fail to score and then we'll snatch one at the death. All this bad luck, all these scrappy deflections, they've got to even out soon.

Haven't they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 02 2006,15:12)]I really think that one of these days someone's going to dominate us all over the park, fail to score and then we'll snatch one at the death. All this bad luck, all these scrappy deflections, they've got to even out soon.

Haven't they?
Absolutely right - C*******r mugged Burnley away and ridden their luck on numerous other occasions.

Keep the faith :
cool.gif

Thanks slipperduke, i must say i do enjoy reading your witty replies and tales in the in the pub!! To be fair i dont think i have really seen us totally outclassed this season, but you seem to get punished alot more in this league for any little mistake at the back, and there has been a few!! but then again if you score 2 or 3 goals in a game you should really go on to win, but it doesnt seem to be working out that way. We dont ever seem to clear our lines and the ball pinballs around the box before one of there players finally puts it in! also this compulsory conceding of goals 5 mins either side of half time and after we score is getting hard to bear.we dont really seem to get the rub of the green and im holding on for when it all clicks, we get a bit of luck and we finish 1 place above relegation!!

Back