• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AlexSFC

Me, the Saints fan again :)

How's everyone doing? How have you done in any friendlies?

We had one on Saturday away to Eastleigh and won 4-2

Also, 7 bidders have contacted the club about a possible takeover!!!

2 of them being richer than Abramovich! :D

An idea going round is that one of the bidders wants to pump massive amounts of money into us and make us a top 4 team in the prem! and make us a global brand :S

I for one wouldn't welcome this, at best I'd like us to be a top 8 team. With all the plastic fans coming along and us getting called glory hunters! We have amazing fans and the spirit of Southampton needs to be kept intact

Who have you signed if anyone? and what do you lot think about Eastwood going?

Alex

COYR

We had our first friendly of the season on Saturday, where we beat Witham Town 8-1 (although the opposition was very poor!). We continue our non-league tour of Essex on Tuesday when we play Great Wakering Rovers...

So far we've signed Gravesend and Northfleet striker Charlie MacDonald, ex-Palace midfielder Tommy Black and Barnet's Nicky Bailey.

As for Eastwood, I'm sad to see him go and slightly worried about where the goals are coming from next term, but I wish him well for the future.

I think that just about covers it...!

haha couldn't resist it after trueblue posted! In all seriousness good luck to you. You outplayed us at the end of last season and showed why you were there or thereabouts last season. Can't see you becoming a top four prem side any time soon but hey, a few years ago i wouldn't have ever dreamed we could ever get out of league 2 let alon win league 1!

So, Alex, what's the plan for January 19th?

A load of Saints fans said they would come and cheer on the Mighty Shrimpers when we play in Bournemouth.

Well, it's closer than Plymouth....

;)

Back