• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mental Health Help Is Out There For You!

Ricey

I’m a Mod⭐⭐
Staff member
After it being brought up by MK in another thread I thought it a good idea to have a sticky thread with a few contact details for people.

Mental Health and Depression is a massive issue in the world today and lots of people take their own life. These people sometimes don’t know about the support that is out there to help put them on the road to recovery.

As someone who has had to live with people close to me with depression and having done qualifications in Mental heath there is loads of support out there. But I only know about that support through courses I have done and they don’t seem to be advertised to the wider public.

For those of you who are lonely, feeling a bit down or really suffering there are people out there to talk too.

https://www.samaritans.org/

The obvious one, they now have a dedicated free phone number which is pretty easy to remember:

116 123

If you don’t fancy talking to someone on the phone a really great website I learnt about on course is:

https://www.bigwhitewall.com/v2/Home.aspx?ReturnUrl=/

They have lots of professionals who are there to help you and give advice.

And finally talk to people, don’t suffer in silence. As a mental health first aider and someone who deals with trauma risk management mainly dealing with PTSD. My inbox is always open, so if you ever want to chat to someone I am here.

Mental health isn’t something be ashamed of, if you need help it is available!

Last edited:
There's the Happy Hub in Basildon Eastgate, just call in for a chat re: any mental wellbeing issue, be it stress, anxiety, self harming, autism, anything. There is usually someone on hand to talk to. Some people call in purely because they are lonely.

As it is not working at RH at the moment I have found a good way of cheering yourself up is to go to Asda in Shoebury. Spend some time people watching in the aisles and you will come out feeling truly uplifted and so much better about yourself.

Exactly, Ricey. mental health or wellbeing carries so much stigma. "Get over it! Man up!" is a common response. At the Hub we have volunteers (Me for example!) if you just need a chat , herbal tea, a coffee or play table tennis (I'm not the best!) plus we have trained salaried counselors.

My view is that mental health and wellbeing are different. We all have bad days - drop your keys in a puddle, run out of coffee, watch Southend 'defend' ;) are wellbeing issues, they can be easily solved. Mental health issues (e.g. Autism, Tourettes, Aspergers) need experts. That's just my opinion.
Never feel afraid to say "Actually, I need some help!". Even that is, for many, a BIG step forward.
Please feel free to PM me - if I can't help, I'll find someone that will. As Ricey says, you are not alone.

This is doing the rounds on social media so....

This is a hard time of year for a lot of folks. Suicide Hotline 116 123 (Samaritans).

This is doing the rounds on social media so....

This is a hard time of year for a lot of folks. Suicide Hotline 116 123 (Samaritans).

Not just for the suicidal MK, anyone who needs a listening ear.
Samaritans cannot solve problems or give advice but are there if you need to talk about your feelings without judgement.

116123 (Freecall)

07725 909090 (Text)

jo@samaritans.org (e-mail)

After what happened with Caroline yesterday, a reminder for those who maybe struggling there is help out there.

Okay?
Please know that players, especially worried ones, ex players, families, friends etc can and maybe do read social media such as our SZ threads.
The repeated personal slurs hounding, put downs of OUR club players is pessing me off and I despair of the damage it may do to those mentioned above.

A point can be made about a player, it need not be trolled again and again and again.

Face to face it is unlikely to happen so why do it behind a keyboard and false name?

Back