• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
On a Wednesday night I go out and play football. As a result the Mrs kindly had dinner on the table for me when I get home at 9pm.

As a night in can be a bit boring when you only have a 15 month old for company the Mrs often invites one of her pals over for some food which I always encourage as its good for the Mrs and makes my life easier.

My Mrs is a super cook and I know anything she cooks is going to be lovely. Tonight she is doing a BBQ Chicken with Peppers and Rice in the slow cooker.

The Mrs mate is basically nice enough I find her a bit boring as she is a horsey friend and by the fact they would rather spend time with horses than people they are always a bit tragic but I dont mind her.

Being the wonderful husband that I am I was helping the Mrs prepared the food. So I start of chopping the onions, peppers etc. Then I went to get the Mushrooms out. Now I love Mushrooms and would have them every dish if I could.

"Dont put the Mushrooms in a my mate dosent like them" says Mrs DtS. I argued that he mate who is in her mid thirtys can pick out the Mushrooms. Mrs DtS has said if we invited her over then we shouldnt delibaratly put in ingredients she dosent like. I personally think dont make me suffer for her being a fussy eater.

Am I being unfair to expect a grown woman to pick out the mushrooms if she really hates them that much.

A few factors you may wish to consider.

1) Said friend always comes over and drinks our wine yet always comes empty handed.

2) Said friend does not have a allergy just a dislike

3) I would not expect a non meat eating friend to pick round meat. Its purely a mushrooms thing.

I await the verdict of the panel

If you're cooking for someone else I think it's always gracious to make sure they're happy. Sorry Dave!

On a Wednesday night I go out and play football. As a result the Mrs kindly had dinner on the table for me when I get home at 9pm.

As a night in can be a bit boring when you only have a 15 month old for company the Mrs often invites one of her pals over for some food which I always encourage as its good for the Mrs and makes my life easier.

My Mrs is a super cook and I know anything she cooks is going to be lovely. Tonight she is doing a BBQ Chicken with Peppers and Rice in the slow cooker.

The Mrs mate is basically nice enough I find her a bit boring as she is a horsey friend and by the fact they would rather spend time with horses than people they are always a bit tragic but I dont mind her.

Being the wonderful husband that I am I was helping the Mrs prepared the food. So I start of chopping the onions, peppers etc. Then I went to get the Mushrooms out. Now I love Mushrooms and would have them every dish if I could.

"Dont put the Mushrooms in a my mate dosent like them" says Mrs DtS. I argued that he mate who is in her mid thirtys can pick out the Mushrooms. Mrs DtS has said if we invited her over then we shouldnt delibaratly put in ingredients she dosent like. I personally think dont make me suffer for her being a fussy eater.

Am I being unfair to expect a grown woman to pick out the mushrooms if she really hates them that much.

1) Said friend always comes over and drinks our wine yet always comes empty handed.

3) I would not expect a non meat eating friend to pick round meat. Its purely a mushrooms thing.

Before deciding whether you should bang her or not (which is the traditional theme of your polls before you went all Alex Revell), can you clarify when you call her a horsey friend, do you mean she looks like a horse?

FWIW whilst I'm a fan of the 'shrooms, I think it's fair enough to leave out one ingredient. Any more than that and they are just being fussy.

Just to clarify YB's point I wouldnt even if I was single....Nothing obviously wrong with her but does nothing for me. I say she is Horsey as she works in a stables...

My mate came for food at ours one night and promptly spent over 45 minutes picking out very finely chopped pieces of onion from the chilli that was served up. If he can do it, surely Ms van Nistelrooy can pick out some large pieces of mushroom?

As a rule, if she's a guest, you shouldn't force her to eat mushrooms. Sorry - a pain, but there you have it.

As for her failure to bring wine... serve the bird Ribena when she comes. If she asks where the wine is, you can ask her whether or not she brought any with her. She ought to get the message fairly quickly.

**** it! If she can't be good mannered enough to pick the mushrooms out or swallow them she's no friend - stick with your magic fungi my friend!

My friend often seems to serve carrots and sweetcorn when I go for a roast dinner round there, she knows I dislike them but forgets so I eat them out of courtesy.

I couldn't care less about the mushrooms ... this just creased me up.

Im with MK on this one the host does cater to the guest.

Same here.

Why not try large Field or Portobello mushrooms though? You could do them in the slow cooker still, and as they're so large it's easy to remove one each for you and the missus leaving the rest of the dish fungus free?

Last edited:
As soon as you walk in tonight make it very clear that she's personally responsible for your malnourishment and that it's quite possible that she's ruined your day.

To drive this message home, I suggest a sly nudge in the ribs while you give her the death stare is in order. If she still hasn't left within the hour, accuse her of making a pass at you while your missus is in the bathroom/cleaning/ironing/attending the baby and forcibly remove her from your promises. Pepper spray is optional, but I think it'll add a nice gloss on the evening.

Wheres the option for put in twice as many? That should stop her turning up again.

Back