• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Total voters
As a mushroom hater myself, i wouldnt worry too much and let her pick them out.
When i go round to eat at a friends they either cook me a seperate portion without mushrooms or i'll happily pick them out if they are left in.

OR you can do what my friend Chris does and cut the little *******s up so small that i either dont know they are in there or cant be bothered to pick em all out......

Is this the same person who asked for Beans on Toast (or whatever it was) at your wedding mate? Tell the mrs to get a new friend who likes mushrooms or serve her beans on toast while you eat your grub with mushrooms!

Mushrooms....one word I hate hearing! I cannot stand them tbh.

If me and the other half are cooking, say a spag bol, and he wants mushrooms, then we cook those separately and he chucks it into his meal. When I get served food with mushrooms, I make the effort to say that I dont like them and leave them whilst finishing off the rest of it, as I dont want them to think that I don't like their food.

It is polite if you don't put them into your food, but then you can look at it the other way round, your eating food we like and we're cooking for you so put up with it! She could easily just pick them out.

My friend often seems to serve carrots and sweetcorn when I go for a roast dinner round there, she knows I dislike them but forgets so I eat them out of courtesy.

What sort of person serves sweetcorn with a roast dinner?

Is this the same person who asked for Beans on Toast (or whatever it was) at your wedding mate? Tell the mrs to get a new friend who likes mushrooms or serve her beans on toast while you eat your grub with mushrooms!

No this is a different friend Steven - He has a man and this is a woman. Please keep up !!!!!!!

If you went round there would she cook mushrooms because she knows you like them ?

This whole cooking etiquette thing confuses me, it seems that not liking takes preference over liking whether you are cooking or being cooked for.

A Veggie expects a veggie option when they eat at yours but rarely provide a meat option when you eat at thiers.

That said Allergies are a completely different ball game

In the old days, the question would have been - "Should I try and get a threesome going?"

You've changed DtS, you've changed!

PS - Leave out the fungus.

Back