• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Help - My hotmail has been hacked. What can I do?

DTS

The Business
Anyone got any ideas what you do if your hotmail gets hacked. I seem to have sent emails to hundreds of people telling them I have Ugg boots for sale.....???

Can I have 3 pairs of size 9's please Dave.

Doesn't this show how unreliable anything to do with Microsoft is? I've had a Yahoo account for years and never had any problems with it.

i had a problem after someone hacked my old hotmail. you need to contact them directly and prove it's your account (it's quite an easy process, just mention any regular emails you get, and contacts named). They'll reset the password for you.

Then shut down hotmail, because it's ****, and get Googlemail like everyone else.

I'd get yourself a flat cap, a pair of moon boots, a body warmer, one of those money belt things and set up a market stall.

You could have a nice little goldmine on your hands.

Last edited:
i had a problem after someone hacked my old hotmail. you need to contact them directly and prove it's your account (it's quite an easy process, just mention any regular emails you get, and contacts named). They'll reset the password for you.

Then shut down hotmail, because it's ****, and get Googlemail like everyone else.

Last couple of weeks, spam has started to get through the filter with my gmail. Bit disappointed as its been amazing for YEARS

Last couple of weeks, spam has started to get through the filter with my gmail. Bit disappointed as its been amazing for YEARS

my spam filter is still superb, can't say I've had any recent problems. The site is just so much more usable too, with decent filters, folders and search facility. Miles ahead of hotmail anyway

I wonder if businesses will start to move over to googlemail, we already use googledocs a lot and our uni/department actively promotes web 2.0 tools.

G.mail is the biggest problem we have on the Zone with spammers trying to join....about 30 a day as it stands..I would ban it if it wasn't for the fact I know a few of you use it as you email adddy's.

my spam filter is still superb, can't say I've had any recent problems. The site is just so much more usable too, with decent filters, folders and search facility. Miles ahead of hotmail anyway

I wonder if businesses will start to move over to googlemail, we already use googledocs a lot and our uni/department actively promotes web 2.0 tools.

A lot of them are similar to this:

"GotIntoAnAccident GetCompensatedToday

*#*#bedlesssmuse.com/41671144r&120128031e&17925586c/

##Advertisr*Unsubscribe*Here##
#*#*#bedlesssmuse.com/30196253u&120128031e&17925586c/

**Sender#Unsubscribe#Here**
*#*#bedlesssmuse.com/30196254u&120128031e&17925586c/"

Generally speaking clicking unsubcribe is the worst thing to do! Have been reporting them as Spam so hopefully we'll be back on track soon enough :)

So far

Dad of DtS replied to an email which said "Would you like a princess braclet"
My wife replied back to one saying "Guess who is pregnant now"
My mate replied back to one entitled "Watch me do my mum".

No Ugg sales yet sadly...

Back