• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Even to this day, that is just fantastic. To see what it meant, not only to the fans, but the players, management, and all those other people associated with the club. Great to see Paul Clark celebrate in a Southend shirt. That was some party.

Ian Bejiman who played in two of my sons James memorial football matches Southend ex ledgens v Chemico fc.
He was such a nice feller was Ian.:smile::smile:

I was twelve at the time. Amazing moment in my life.

I was 10, remember listening on the radio at my grandparents house in Southend. Was gutted not to be there, especially having witnessed automatic promotion at Peterborough the season before. All I recall is performing jubilant knee-slides as the BBC Essex commentator went crazy when Benji scored! :Worthy:

I was there, nearly broke my knuckles smashing the toilet wall at half time just after Pat Scully got sent off .

Obviously things got better after that , had a fantastic day and persuaded my mate to drive my motor home so got properly boozed after game ,great memories.

That's me on the pitch shaking hands with Benji at 4:40 and with Paul Clark at 4:44

great memories

Good start to a Saturday watching that again to bring back happy memories.
Simply the best away trip that ended up with a session in the Railway with Peter Butler and Pat Scully singing on the tables.
Although the game was not the best it was going down to ten men only to still clinch the points required in what was a great atmosphere on the terraces that made it so special.

I like the fact John Adams is doing the commentary whilst shaking players hands on the pitch, magic.

Best ever awayday,only playoff final equalled the mental celebrations by the fans when we scored,bloody marvellous,Benji right up there as a club legend.

Great day up at Bury.Mad to think it was nearly 23 years ago now!

Love the idea of Steve Tilson sitting at home and ringing Soccerline.

Back