• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
One of Southend's biggest fans, Bernie Friend, I'm sure you all know, is embarking on a gruelling 6,000km cycle ride in April in the hope of completing the North Sea Cycle Route - the world's longest signposted coastal path.

Starting at Harwich ferry port, he will be pedalling across northern Europe, Scandinavia, Shetland, Orkney, Scotland and England, before returning to the starting point of this loop of torture with huge blisters!

Anyway, this mission impossible has two main objectives. He will be using this adventure for the basis of his first book - Cycling back to Happiness - which is being published by Pen Press.

And, just as importantly, he wants to raise as much money as he can for Cancer Research UK.

So get your hands out of your pockets and give Bernie whatever you've got by visiting his web page at www.justgiving.com/northseacycle

Cheers everyone!

Paul

hope he has let our manager know he is not available for the end of the season!!!!!!

Big thank you!

Just wanted to say thanks to people for their messages and sponsorships, especially you Matt, that was a very kind gesture!

I will keep in touch when I am on the road and you can always email me at berniebike@hotmail.co.uk.

And to clear up the confusion over the book! There are no definite profits and no money up front and I am also doing this whole thing at my own cost, which could be as much as £2,000, so don't hold back on pledging money to Cancer Research UK!

Thanks again - you're support is very warmly received!

Up the Blues

Bernie

P.S. Dave, I hear they do good lobsters in Bergen! I'll pot you one and send it to the club!

P.S. Dave, I hear they do good lobsters in Bergen! I'll pot you one and send it to the club!

Cheers mate, times are hard at the Sealife Centre and we need all the attractions we can get!!!

Bernie Friend is a good good friend of mine, and a proper gentlement at that. Even if he does think he is doctor who.

Also, better than Chris Phillips. :D

Thinking about this trip Bernie, does it mean you will miss Paul treading the boards?

If so surely such a moment can't be missed and you shall be returning to these shores in time?

Not a chance Dave - I couldn't be that shellfish!

I've got a garage load of rotten fruit and ear plugs to sell on that night - all to boost my charity!

Good stuff, I know you're never one to miss a chance to take the fish.

Just wanted to say thanks to people for their messages and sponsorships, especially you Matt, that was a very kind gesture!

I will keep in touch when I am on the road and you can always email me at berniebike@hotmail.co.uk.

And to clear up the confusion over the book! There are no definite profits and no money up front and I am also doing this whole thing at my own cost, which could be as much as £2,000, so don't hold back on pledging money to Cancer Research UK!

Thanks again - you're support is very warmly received!

Up the Blues

Bernie

Good luck sir . By a happy coincidence im off to Bergen at the end of May if your about let me know ;)
And do try the Brown cheese while your there ;)

Nice tip!

Cheers for Brown Cheese tip Osy, I will pack some crackers!

Alas though, I won't be in Bergen until June 9, the night before catching the last ferry of the summer to Shetland, where I am staying above a chip shop for a couple of days!

Thanks to everyone who has been pledging and keep that money coming in at www.justgiving.com/northseacycle

I'm over a grand already and would love to make it 5K.

Really, hoping to get a chance to go and see Viking Stavanger as their season should be in full swing by then!

Up the Blues

Bernie

Back