• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
A quick run threw so far,

Linksys A.D.S.L. router as been dropping connection rather a lot recently went on P.C yesterday,clicked internet explorer and it said cannot find server! Done a repair but it still couldnt find a connection so I ran threw everything I could, rebooted router, checked explorer wasnt corrupt but couldnt find anything. Its seems that my p.c is talking to the router but the router isnt connecting to my I.S.P.provider.
My sons P.C also works off of the same router and he uses a differnt browser( but it still isnt connecting to his P.C either) so I rang Tiscali to see if there was a fault on my exchange and they tested my line and it came back ok. I then tried to connect using the tiscali modem, but one of the lights is constantly flashing which seems a fault with the cable. I have rechecked the cable again and get a perfectly good dialingtone and the tech on tiscali said that occasionaly the extension phone lead breaks down and although you are able to get a dialling tone, for broadband it might be damaged!
Does anyone no if this is the case or has had a similar problem? He asked me to purchase a j11 cable and re run that but it would be an absolute nightmare and I am reluctant to do it first without exploring other things first.
I also plugged the router straight in the socket down stairs (bypassing the extension cable) and although the signal strength was there, explorer still couldnt find the server.
Any help would be appreciated as I can fill a very large lump of wood is slowly going to be bashed over it if I cant sort it out!

we have had similar problems but for some reason they tend to sort itself out (im sure it's the service provider)... the router finds the network but the internet doesn't work.

absolute nightmare and im sorry i can't help!!

I've had something similar with Tiscali over the past couple of weeks too.
Nightmare not being able to connect when the router loses the broadband link!

Not sure if it's connected and what it means (not one of these computer generation lovers personally) but my tiscali is supposed to be broadband but it has started to dial up again in the last 2 or 3 weeks although the phone still works at the same time. It never used to dial up but it has started too lately. Whther that helps or is complete bull**** i don't know.

Ladies and gentelman, we are Know at defcom one (and we was at defcom 5 at one stage), and all is sweet with the winkle broadband connection..... I have truly missed you guys!

Last edited:
Back