• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Help or advice needed please??

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
About 4 months ago we had to call out Dyno Rod due to our outside drains becoming blocked. They came out, unblocked the drain after about 2 hours of jetting it through and charged us £150. All straight forward and acceptable.

This morning a chap knocks on my door asking if he can get access to next doors garden as they have a blocked drain and need to get it jetted....being the nice neighbour I allowed him access to do so.

All is going well and he finishes his work, I just happen to be emptying the sink and notice a huge pool of grey water on the patio. I am certainly not a drain expert but assumed that the drain guy working next door has pumped next doors blockage down the pipe about 15 foot to our drain.

I mentioned across the fence that out drain is now blocked which was met with a frosty reception from him, understandable as it is not the nicest of jobs. His answer was..."and that is my problem is it" I then spoke to the neighbour who was a little more sympathetic but was also quite dismissive. Up shot is that he has gone, there drain is clear and ours in now blocked again

Not really sure what we can do, I spent £150 getting it unblocked just for some cowboy to then push next doors blockage through to us.

Any one experienced this sort of issue before? Do I speak to my neighbour and ask her to sort it out or the company that carried out the work for her

Cheers in advance

Ring up the company that sorted next door's mate and have a pop. That is not acceptable and demand a fix asap, free of charge.

Ring up the company that sorted next door's mate and have a pop. That is not acceptable and demand a fix asap, free of charge.

Lee, to be fair mate, the guy was so rude and awkward that I am sure he will tell me where to shove it tomorrow, although I will still follow your advice.

Not sure what to do next if he does tell me to do one!

Grosssssssssssss.

Just realised that if I take a dump and flush the chain...it ends up on the patio

Bad times

About 4 months ago we had to call out Dyno Rod due to our outside drains becoming blocked. They came out, unblocked the drain after about 2 hours of jetting it through and charged us £150. All straight forward and acceptable.

This morning a chap knocks on my door asking if he can get access to next doors garden as they have a blocked drain and need to get it jetted....being the nice neighbour I allowed him access to do so.

All is going well and he finishes his work, I just happen to be emptying the sink and notice a huge pool of grey water on the patio. I am certainly not a drain expert but assumed that the drain guy working next door has pumped next doors blockage down the pipe about 15 foot to our drain.

I mentioned across the fence that out drain is now blocked which was met with a frosty reception from him, understandable as it is not the nicest of jobs. His answer was..."and that is my problem is it" I then spoke to the neighbour who was a little more sympathetic but was also quite dismissive. Up shot is that he has gone, there drain is clear and ours in now blocked again

Not really sure what we can do, I spent £150 getting it unblocked just for some cowboy to then push next doors blockage through to us.

Any one experienced this sort of issue before? Do I speak to my neighbour and ask her to sort it out or the company that carried out the work for her

Cheers in advance

Before you do anything try and find out if your original blockage isn't what caused your neighbours. They may be just getting their own back. Once sure of that, unleash hell!

Before you do anything try and find out if your original blockage isn't what caused your neighbours. They may be just getting their own back. Once sure of that, unleash hell!

The shared drain runs from them to us, so doubt that they could mate

speak to the company, and send a letter in writing. in that letter state that you are willing to give them a chance to fix the situation before you begin legal preceedings

speak to the company, and send a letter in writing. in that letter state that you are willing to give them a chance to fix the situation before you begin legal preceedings

That is the route Senga suggested we take...guess it would be the small claim court??

Good shout, but not sure it is covered under the buildings insurance....will have to check tomorrow.

He didnt say buildings insurance tho :unsure:. The person supposedly unblocking next doors drain should have liability, etc insurance. Claim off them, not your own insurance.

He didnt say buildings insurance tho :unsure:. The person supposedly unblocking next doors drain should have liability, etc insurance. Claim off them, not your own insurance.

Sorry Gaz, i miss read it.

Thing is, he was called out to unblock next doors drain and that I what he did. How can I claim against him?

Sorry Gaz, i miss read it.

Thing is, he was called out to unblock next doors drain and that I what he did. How can I claim against him?

Because you never had a problem until he supposedly unblocked their drain. He hasnt unblocked it, merely moved it. I think you should email or phone a solicitor or citizens advice and see what they suggest you do.

Obviously the risk is, that if it goes to anything other than the small claims court should you lose it may well cost you more than the money to get yours unblocked. Then again you may just move the problem next door until the problem is at a suitably sized drain.

Take the advice given & wait until Jane & I visit. Then take us out for a Curry & I will leave a wee jobby on their patio!!

I had to try to do a Billy Connelly impression last night. It was so funny!! Its the worst Scottish accent you've ever heard, worse that Ray's cockney!!

Back on thread, Environmental Health might be interested in your neighbours plumbers, as it probably also has HSE issues too!

Back