• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ispider

I have had a team going since Dec 07. I've ignored it for a couple of years and have finally broken through to England League IV. Not doing too badly and looks like i'll stay up. However, My key players are getting old and i'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts what I should do from here?

Tharupiyum Rajahetty - 24 yo, BT Rating=157,789, Wage=£85,215
A defensive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has strongleadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina:respectableWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:qualityConcentration:sensational
Bowling:exquisiteConsistency:elite
Fielding:quality

Anurag Vishram - 28 yo, BT Rating=138,572, Wage=£68,686
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious LFM bowler. He has woefulleadership skills and exquisite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:sensationalConcentration:masterful
Bowling:exceptionalConsistency:exceptional
Fielding:remarkable

Bill Bloomfield - 22 yo, BT Rating=96,785, Wage=£38,593
A steady LH batsman and a defensive LH finger spin bowler. He hasabysmal leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:competent
Batting:sensationalConcentration:exquisite
Bowling:woefulConsistency:proficient
Fielding:superb

Kurt Lyth - 33 yo, BT Rating=75,956, Wage=£39,273
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RH finger spin bowler. He hasabysmal leadership skills and elite experience. He favours RH Batsmenbut has no trait.
Batting:worthlessConcentration:feeble
Bowling:sensationalConsistency:sensational
Fielding:respectable

Stu Gough - 31 yo, BT Rating=65,974, Wage=£13,504
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has respectableleadership skills and elite experience. He favours Cracked Pitches but has no trait.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:strong
Batting:superbConcentration:sensational
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:respectable

Maxwell Cadette - 27 yo, BT Rating=50,576, Wage=£20,593
A cautious LH batsman and a cautious LFM bowler. He has superbleadership skills and wonderful experience. He has no preference but has a Strike Controller trait.
Stamina:mediocreWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:wonderfulConcentration:wonderful
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:feeble

Sulalit Ghandi - 37 yo, BT Rating=45,590, Wage=£22,761
tl.gif

A steady RH batsman and a steady RH finger spin bowler. He hasproficient leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preferenceand no trait.
Stamina:woefulWicket Keeping:woeful
Batting:abysmalConcentration:abysmal
Bowling:exceptionalConsistency:wonderful
Fielding:abysmal

Thom Kilgallon - 32 yo, BT Rating=36,669, Wage=£17,657
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has competentleadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Batting:wonderfulConcentration:quality
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:feeble
Fielding:competent

Marc Gratton - 21 yo, BT Rating=33,135, Wage=£13,550
A steady RH batsman and a destructive RH finger spin bowler. He hasproficient leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Batting:worthlessConcentration:abysmal
Bowling:wonderfulConsistency:superb
Fielding:mediocre

William Moxey - 23 yo, BT Rating=22,968, Wage=£5,753
A cautious RH batsman and an attacking RH finger spin bowler. He hasmediocre leadership skills and strong experience. He has no preferenceand no trait.
Batting:abysmalConcentration:abysmal
Bowling:superbConsistency:superb

Nilan Mudalige - 27 yo, BT Rating=18,667, Wage=£3,680
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has competentleadership skills and wonderful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Batting:strongConcentration:superb
Bowling:abysmalConsistency:worthless
Fielding:abysmal

Kevin Hetherington - 34 yo, BT Rating=15,888, Wage=£3,057
tl.gif

A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He hascompetent leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preferenceand no trait.
Batting:worthlessConcentration:worthless
Bowling:strongConsistency:strong
Fielding:worthless

Aruna Chandana - 29 yo, BT Rating=14,521, Wage=£4,202
A steady RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has mediocreleadership skills and exquisite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina:mediocreWicket Keeping:woeful
Batting:superbConcentration:respectable
Bowling:abysmalConsistency:woeful
Fielding:mediocre

Josh Seaby - 18 yo, BT Rating=10,814, Wage=£1,382
A cautious RH batsman and a destructive LFM bowler. He has feebleleadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina:mediocreWicket Keeping:mediocre
Batting:worthlessConcentration:abysmal
Bowling:proficientConsistency:respectable
Fielding:feeble

Stu Juries - 34 yo, BT Rating=8,765, Wage=£2,494
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He hasrespectable leadership skills and phenomenal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina:feebleWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:abysmalConcentration:worthless
Bowling:strongConsistency:proficient

Steven Woodward - 29 yo, BT Rating=6,718, Wage=£773
An attacking LH batsman and an attacking LH finger spin bowler. He hasfeeble leadership skills and superb experience. He has no preferenceand no trait.
Stamina:respectableWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:mediocreConcentration:mediocre
Bowling:competentConsistency:feeble

Mick Neville - 34 yo, BT Rating=4,930, Wage=£1,465
tl.gif

An attacking LH batsman and an attacking LM bowler. He has worthlessleadership skills and sensational experience. He favours Flat Pitches but has no trait.
Stamina:feebleWicket Keeping:worthless
Bowling:proficientConsistency:respectable

Thomas Robinson - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,222, Wage=£396
An attacking RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has respectableleadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours Flat Pitches but hasno trait.
Stamina:competentWicket Keeping:abysmal
Bowling:mediocreConsistency:mediocre

Ok, first thing's first, how much money do you have?

You're probably going to have to take a step backwards in order to move forwards. You've got a decent core of players to work from but you don't really have much in the way of trainees, the only three you should be training are:

Bloomfield - 1 x batting
Gratton - 1 x bowling & fielding
Seaby - 2 x bowling

Plus rotate a couple of stamina nets between them. I would then try to pick up another couple of trainees, one bat one bowl. Either a respectable or high competent (£600+ wage) 17yo in the next batch of YPs from this Saturday or sooner if you can find one on the list. Alternatively you may find 18 or 19yo proficient/strongs going cheap. Have you made any YPs this season?

Other things to consider:
- Are you selling your ground out? May need an expansion if you haven't looked at it for while.
- Do you have enough PR officers and Financial Advisers?

Ok, first thing's first, how much money do you have?

You're probably going to have to take a step backwards in order to move forwards. You've got a decent core of players to work from but you don't really have much in the way of trainees, the only three you should be training are:

Bloomfield - 1 x batting
Gratton - 1 x bowling & fielding
Seaby - 2 x bowling

Plus rotate a couple of stamina nets between them. I would then try to pick up another couple of trainees, one bat one bowl. Either a respectable or high competent (£600+ wage) 17yo in the next batch of YPs from this Saturday or sooner if you can find one on the list. Alternatively you may find 18 or 19yo proficient/strongs going cheap. Have you made any YPs this season?

Other things to consider:
- Are you selling your ground out? May need an expansion if you haven't looked at it for while.
- Do you have enough PR officers and Financial Advisers?

Thanks for your reply.

I only have 1.7m having recently bought Gratton. I seem to be struggling to make ends meet at the moment.

Training: Seaby (3x bowling, 1 fielding, 1x stamina), Bloomfield (2x batting), Gratton (2x bowling, 1x fielding)

Ground:

Capacity:54300
Standing Room:19500 (+5000)
Uncovered Seats:25000 (0)
Covered Seats:6500 (0)
Members Seats:3300 (0)

Actually, forget what i said above about training... bloomfield has 3 batting and gratton has 1 bowling 1 fielding

You should be able to pick up some trainees next week, as it will be the last round of YP's for most people, and a lot of people will have already paid stupid amounts for trainees earlier in the season. You could probably pick up 3 or 4 17yo Respectables for around 100k each

Your stadium is a bit wonky, the ideal set up ratio is 45/40/11/4. How many members do you have? You should probably look to be minimum 20 x Members as a capacity to allow for some growth. If that means you can expand a bit more then you can start balancing your stadium out a bit.

From a training perspective a third batting net is a bit of a waste unless you're training to get you player into the NT (which is not worth it). I would definitely drop Bloomfield to a single net, this will also mean he'll stay fitter and be of more use to your team.

Have you got your financial advisors in place? The interest is vital. As you're on the threshold of cash to give you max interest you don't really want to spend too much. I would be tempted to sell a couple of your older players to get some more trainees in place which will benefit you long term. Kilgallon and Lyth will starting bombing in stamina soon which will make them worthless so can probably be sacrificed. It might mean you'll drop to V but it will be better for the long term health of your team.

You can pick up 18yo strongs fairly cheap at the moment, a single net on three or four of those will soon have them up to a useful standard.

I have 2621 members and it's been a long time since i didn't have members leaving. Why do they leave when i've been promoted and been winning games?

8 x PR, 8 x Financial Advisors.

I now have 1.6m cash having bought this chap for 200k:

Alok is a steady RH Batsman, and a cautious RF Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Plays For:Idlers
Nationality:India
Battrick Rating:4,521
Wages:£783 p/w
Preference:Favours LH Bowlers
Trait:None
Stamina:mediocreWicket Keeping:abysmal
Batting:respectableConcentration:mediocre
Bowling:worthlessConsistency:worthless

I could sell Lyth but it will leave a gaping hole. Am i really likely to get much for him at the age of 33?

Sold Ghandi for a pitiful 75k but he was going to be useless by the end of the season and it will help my wage bill.

With Seaby (18 - Bowl), Alok (17 - new buy Bat), Gratton (21 - bowl), Bloomfield (22 - Bat) do you think i now have enough trainees?

I have the nets now setup as follows: Seaby (2x bowl, 1x field, 1x stam), Alok (2x bat, 1x field), Gratton (1x bowl, 1x field), Bloomfield (1x bat)

I don't really have any room in the nets to buy more trainees. I was thinking to wait until next season and pick up another 17 year old bowler. My nets would then look like this:

Trainee (2x bowl, 1x field, 1 x stam), Alok (2x bat, 1x stam) Seaby (1x bowl), Gratton (1x bowl) Bloomfield (1x bat).

Do you think the above is enough or do you still think i should sell Lyth? The issue at the moment is that if i did sell him then i don't have the training slots to train a new purchase.

That's probably enough for now, adding one new trainee per season is a good idea, you can whittle down nets on the older ones and put them on the new one. Gives you a steady flow of replacements as your team gets older. May as well keep Lyth for now then.

For the nets you definitely need to get some stamina onto Bloomfield and Gratton. Gratton in particular as stamina is vital for bowlers, plus it increases their longetivity (my entire squad is at superb* stamina now).

Regarding the members, there are caps based on your divisions, if you remain above the cap level you will lose members even if you promote. What FC and BT20 divisions are you in? This will affect it as well. For those member numbers I wouldn't touch the stadium for a while, especially if they're dropping.

Just thinking... should i sell everyone apart from Bloomfield and Rajahetty and anyone who is rubbish with a low wage (to keep minimum squad size)? By the time my trainees are coming through everyone else will be nearing retirement and have no value. Also my current trainees are sub standard as a result of not having much cash. With my newly found wealth from selling everyone i could get some 3 awesome 17 / 18 year olds (17 resp/prof, 18 strong) and start building almost from scratch.

What do you think?

Difficult choice, you have some pretty good players and it will take a lot of time and patience to build from scratch. It's also important not to have a squad of players that are all the same age as it makes future rebuilding very difficult. Personally I would sell all the 30+ players, pick up one decent trainee (18yo superb or 19yo quality) and get yourself down to V for OD and then start from there. You'll have a competitive team in that level with a mix of older players and trainees and you can then concentrate on trying to get to a higher level in FC and BT20 which is what is causing you to haemorraghe members. Each season add a new trainee and start to get a flow of players who can replace the existing ones as they age.

Thanks for all your help. Very much appreciated. I will do as you say. Gough, Kilgallon and Lyth should get me some decent cash... hopefully!

Any advice for a new team? Just started a franchise as a mate has started a new team and i wanted it to be equal. The way i see it i've got to train 3 x 17yo comp/med players, sell 2 at the end of first year and then buy a good yp and start the process. All the yp's i've had have been rubbish bar one which was Lyth (resp/resp).

If you have any more advice it would great to hear, if not then thanks anyway.

Best advice for franchises and new teams is to either single net competents with wages of £600+ from the start of the season and slow burn your team or heavily train two players for a season and then sell and use the proceeds to buy some more trainees and some senior players.

Yep, you can add to the HoF after firing though. I'm sure you'd get more than his wage if you sold though!

Back