• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dazzaref

First XI⭐⭐
I've brought my good lady to a lovely cottage in the Peak District for the weekend with a view to do some walking and relaxing after a stressful couple of weeks. What she doesn't know is that I plan to leave her with our two dogs at about 1pm tomorrow and drive the 20 miles to Chesterfield. She's not going to be happy and I suspect that it might cause some 'tension'! Any advice how I can get out of jail with this one (ps. she hates football and the fact that most weekends are "ruined" by Southend United)?

Just tell her your going to Chesterfield to look at some new leather 3 piece suites for her new cottage.

But it has to be blue.

JtJe5X.jpg

How about getting a couple of "bruises" from a helpful shrimper and claiming the mugging card "whilst out looking for the perfect restaurant for an evening romantic meal"?

How about getting a couple of "bruises" from a helpful shrimper and claiming the mugging card "whilst out looking for the perfect restaurant for an evening romantic meal"?

Think that's a great idea , but for real authentic bruises , why not board a United Airlines flight and then refuse to get off !!

I've brought my good lady to a lovely cottage in the Peak District for the weekend with a view to do some walking and relaxing after a stressful couple of weeks. What she doesn't know is that I plan to leave her with our two dogs at about 1pm tomorrow and drive the 20 miles to Chesterfield. She's not going to be happy and I suspect that it might cause some 'tension'! Any advice how I can get out of jail with this one (ps. she hates football and the fact that most weekends are "ruined" by Southend United)?
I will not be expecting a match report from you then

I have similar situation next weekend. The Mrs is looking forward to shopping in Shrewsbury. I haven't told her she'll be in her own as myself and my son will be busy elsewhere.

You lot are such cowards!!! Be up front and tell her, offer to take her along, or ask if she wants to go shopping in town or stay at the cottage - but whichever she chooses make sure she knows you'll be taking her out for a lovely meal to make up for it!

Actually Chesterfield has a decent Town centre. A few of us will be having lunch in a pub not far from the famous crooked spire. Why not get out early this morning with the dogs and treat her to lunch in Chesterfield and then she can drop you off at the ground, as its not easy to park. She will only have 2 hours to kill shopping before picking you up.

Of course the dogs may be a problem so you could always try plan B.....Shag her senseless this morning and leave her exhausted but with a hugely contented glow on her face. She will happy to curl up with the dogs in the afternoon and eat that lovely Easter egg you bought her. :winking:

Actually Chesterfield has a decent Town centre. A few of us will be having lunch in a pub not far from the famous crooked spire. Why not get out early this morning with the dogs and treat her to lunch in Chesterfield and then she can drop you off at the ground, as its not easy to park. She will only have 2 hours to kill shopping before picking you up.

Of course the dogs may be a problem so you could always try plan B.....Shag her senseless this morning and leave her exhausted but with a hugely contented glow on her face. She will happy to curl up with the dogs in the afternoon and eat that lovely Easter egg you bought her. :winking:

...they're married so that suggestion won't work :facepalm:

You lot are such cowards!!! Be up front and tell her, offer to take her along, or ask if she wants to go shopping in town or stay at the cottage - but whichever she chooses make sure she knows you'll be taking her out for a lovely meal to make up for it!
Mentioned this to my missus and she said the same as OBL, and she is always right :winking:

Come clean mate, it's the only way... And don't forget to book that restaurant to celebrate our win !

Had a similar situation with my ex-wife when I took her to a posh hotel in Southampton for the weekend when we played our last Championship game there.

I was upfront and told her on the Sunday morning where I was going and she said "you think more of Southend United than you do me" to which my response was "to be fair I think more of Colchester United than I do you".

Well I've broken it to her. Less than impressed would be an understatement! Thanks all for the interesting advice but I'm sure the bruises will heal soon. It has cost me an afternoon of her enjoying a number of treatments at a local beauty salon��. Well worth it. UTB

Back