• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chaps,
I have penned a letter or two
tounge.gif
to Sky TV about next months fixtures and urged them to show the Southend Yeovil game...somewhere. Obviously this is completly selfish as yours truly has booked a holiday in Orlando
sad.gif
. Anyway. IF they listen to me and show this corker, can I view it in the US ? where? are there internet cafes as a last resort?
I'm booked right outside the Walt disney complex in the NikkiBird hotel so if anyones got info let me know.
I was determined to rest my mind for two weeks and come back to a glorious party at Grimsby...but...come on...it aint gonna happen is it....I'm not going to switch off....

Thanks

Artful - Fox Sports show all the Sky games. I was out in Florida for the Luton match and watched it at an Irish sports bar called Beef O'Brady's on either the 192 or the US 92 can't remember which do a search on the net but it was only about ten minutes from Disney.

Indeed. But you've got to get Sky to show it. And even then they probably won't show it on a Saturday afternoon unless it's a 12:30 kick-off or something because of League rulings that mean that it can't be shown at the normal 3pm slot. But I'm with you, Artful. I'd love to see the game televised ... and so would Snowy since he's out here that weekend!

WS

Here here i will back this campaign as i foolishly booked holiday for this period too and miss the last two home games (back in time for Grismby away). Why the one year i think it will not matter, what have we ever had to play for with five games to go, especially as i was bookign the holiday four games into the season.

Fox is the way ahead...i watched the lads vs "the island of canvey" when out in San Francisco....Top result...

Cheers for the replies,
I have enlisted the help of some Glovers, sent e-mails to Fox Sports, Sky and asked Teddy Taylor for his influence.

I can only bend down on bended knees to all serial letter writers to accordingly contact the powers that be.

I wouldnt bother as they are already showing Preston v Wigan on the 30th kick off 1215

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 30 2005,10:08)]I wouldnt bother as they are already showing Preston v Wigan on the 30th kick off 1215
....well come 3:00 Saturday 30th you will hear of hooligan in Southend shirt destroys Jaws shark at MGM studio, my nerves will need respite.
I will endure, with Teddy on my side we can achieve anything..... now where's mr Garners e-mail........

There is plenty of space available on the Sunday (1st May) however..

Only one game, Charlton V Man Ure is pencilled in and thats at 4.05pm..

Hmm, lunch time K.O on the Sunday anyone?...

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

I emailed Fox Sports at the weekend to see if they're showing the LDV final - as I fly out to Orlando on Friday 8th (DOH!)

No reply yet. Thanks for the info about the bar Dave.

Unfortunately I can't see it happening Artful. Sky's live footy for that weekend is as follows:

Fri 29th - Wet Sham v Sunderland 1945

Sat 30th - Preston v Wigan 1215
Bolton v Chelsea 1715

Sun 1st - Spurs v Villa 1300 (Prem Plus)
Charlton v Man U 1605

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ Mar. 30 2005,10:20)]I emailed Fox Sports at the weekend to see if they're showing the LDV final - as I fly out to Orlando on Friday 8th (DOH!)

No reply yet. Thanks for the info about the bar Dave.
It's a great little sports bar with about 15 TV's on. I sat down next to one of the small ones and they were kind enough to offer to put it on the big screen for me.

So there was me in Southend shirt screaming at the screen as we lost 3-0 much to the bemusement of the Yanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Mar. 30 2005,10:25)]Unfortunately I can't see it happening Artful. Sky's live footy for that weekend is as follows:

Fri 29th - Wet Sham v Sunderland  1945

Sat 30th - Preston v Wigan  1215
              Bolton v Chelsea  1715

Sun 1st - Spurs v Villa  1300 (Prem Plus)
             Charlton v Man U  1605
images

I can't hear you, I can't hear you !!! la la la tum ti tum la la

hope its NOT on sky, we never perform when were on sky and lose with a poor permormance. also the tv money would have to be more than the potential loss of attendance of people sitting at home rather watching the game on tv

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Mar. 30 2005,10:57)]The LDV Final WILL be televised on Sky.
... and we don't get any royalties!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Mar. 30 2005,10:57)]The LDV Final WILL be televised on Sky.
.. but will NOT be televised on the Fox Soccer Channel in the USA - I've just checked their latest scheduling and they are showing Aston Villa v West Brom - PANTS!

Right plan B - subscription to Blues World and an internet cafe to listen to the commentary.

Anyone found a decent internet cafe in Orlando?

Garry there's loads of Tourist Information type places with cheap internet access along the 192.

Back