• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Help with Dissertation work

West Country Shrimper

I need to get hold of some 2005 annual reports from major record labels such as Warner Bros, Sony BMG etc for my dissertation work.

I've tried to google it all, but still havent had any luck
sad.gif

If anyone, with a couple of mins free (!) could do this for me, i'd be very happy.

I dunno, never done anything like this before!

I managed to find the EMI one from last year online, so I assumed all of them would be available online.

Yep, Company House is your best and possibly only bet... think it's only £1 a go or something stupid like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 16 2006,13:39)]Yep, Company House is your best and possibly only bet... think it's only £1 a go or something stupid like that.
I'm sure its more than that - I used to work for a practice in Surrey who had been handed a load of new clients from a bankrupt accountant (yes it happens) and to get previous years accounts we had to download them all from CH (the bankrupt accountant went a bit mental from the stress and burnt all his working papers and files) IIRC they cost about a tenner a time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Aug. 16 2006,13:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 16 2006,13:39)]Yep, Company House is your best and possibly only bet... think it's only £1 a go or something stupid like that.
I'm sure its more than that - I used to work for a practice in Surrey who had been handed a load of new clients from a bankrupt accountant (yes it happens) and to get previous years accounts we had to download them all from CH (the bankrupt accountant went a bit mental from the stress and burnt all his working papers and files) IIRC they cost about a tenner a time.
I did have a look at prices, and it does seem to be £1 a go.

For English companies if they are a "plc" you should be able to find it on their web-site, if they are a plain old "limited" you'll have to apply to companies house and pay.

However I would have thought Time Warner and Sony would be foreign owned, albeit with English subsidiaries.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Aug. 16 2006,13:15)]I need to get hold of some 2005 annual reports from major record labels such as Warner Bros, Sony BMG etc for my dissertation work.

sad.gif

If anyone, with a couple of mins free (!) could do this for me, i'd be very happy.
Time Warner

http://ir.timewarner.com/annuals.cfm?ptype=1

Sony

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2005/index.html

Easy

SonyBMG and Warner Bros are subsidiaries of the above. You won't get annual reports from them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 16 2006,15:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Aug. 16 2006,13:15)]I need to get hold of some 2005 annual reports from major record labels such as Warner Bros, Sony BMG etc for my dissertation work.

sad.gif

Time Warner

http://ir.timewarner.com/annuals.cfm?ptype=1

Sony

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2005/index.html

Easy

SonyBMG and Warner Bros are subsidiaries of the above. You won't get annual reports from them.
Cheers for that, Naps.

smile.gif

Back