• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bobby dazzler

Manager
IMG_20151001_215114392.jpg
Please help me fill in the names of the missing fans. (Blues on Tour had a Sunday morning team and found this in the loft)
Have I missed any regular posters in this picture and if so what are your names

Some are well known.

Back Row Left to right
Kerry Fairless(Lord Football), Lee Garrett, Andy Ward, unknown, Simon Ridgewell, Dean Garrett, unknown

Darryl Smith, Barrie Walters, Tony Walters(Bobby Dazzler), unknown, Micky Staines(Sticky Boy), Mark (RIP)
Lastly and not least 'The one the only Barry Harris !'

Apologies to those I once knew so well but my memory is poor.(and any spelling I have wrong !)

Sorry,unable to identify the missing players,but that could well be the dreaded Pork Chop Hill (Oakwood Park)!

It was taken at Oakwood Park. At the time we were Chalkwell IIs, before becoming Southbourne Grove and then Northbank. Missing is one Christopher Avis and Andy Dixon (who for registration purposes wasn't Andy Dixon).

The missing players .... the keeper is Jon Andrews, who was a mate of mine. His brother is Darren who currently runs Prittlewell FC in the Sunday League

The lump at the back was a lump who played at the back. I think he was Simon's cousin.

Craig Somethingorother is the other missing player. A mate of Darryl who is usually found in the Greens at home games.

Oh, and Tone, thanks for blowing my cover!!!!

Lord Football I bow to your superior memory.

Happy days where Saturdays started by playing the opposition fans at football (who can forget my goal scored against Newcastle with my knee) followed by a beer or two with them then onto the game.
Straight to the Railway Pub in Prittlewell from the game home or away and then onto a Ruby.
Sunday morning footy then down the Railway with either a Ruby buffet or just gorging on the pubs roast potatoes before heading home to watch the footy and a sleep.
Oh and probably back down the Pub in the evening.

We also forgot a huge part of all of this , Charlie *Sniffer* Benson ! A true legend

Lord Football I bow to your superior memory.

Happy days where Saturdays started by playing the opposition fans at football (who can forget my goal scored against Newcastle with my knee) followed by a beer or two with them then onto the game.
Straight to the Railway Pub in Prittlewell from the game home or away and then onto a Ruby.
Sunday morning footy then down the Railway with either a Ruby buffet or just gorging on the pubs roast potatoes before heading home to watch the footy and a sleep.
Oh and probably back down the Pub in the evening.

We also forgot a huge part of all of this , Charlie *Sniffer* Benson ! A true legend

If you get yourself on FB at any time, Avis has posted some newspapers clippings from "back in the day". He has kindly produced the Blues News report I wrote for our game with Newcastle, complete with drinking stories, playing at St James and your knee. If I can work out how to get it on here, I will.

And my life was so exciting in those days that I had nothing better to do than come & watch you! :sad:

I seem to remember that we often walked into the Railway to discover Mike having an impromptu Karaoke session whether it be Saturday night or even Sunday lunchtime. This "entertainment" wasn't helped by the fact that only 2 blokes in the pub could sing but they only sung one song each. A song called Venus (nothing to do with Lee) rings some sort of a bell as being repeated a vast number of times.

It was taken at Oakwood Park. At the time we were Chalkwell IIs, before becoming Southbourne Grove and then Northbank.

I thought you were called Eastbourne Grove? Obviously your superior & much younger brain is probably correct. :Worthy:

IMG_5209.jpg
whos who

Scored in both ends at Roots Hall.

James Staines Memorial Football Match.
Chemico fc 7 v 0 Playfootball x11

He does get around ! :winking:

Lovely bloke, remember years ago when a charmer from Tarpots tried to give him what for. The end result was Chris smoking a Rothmans, as cool as you like while the other bloke was off to hospital to have his sack sown back up. Now that was what you called a spot kick, if you get my meaning.

To be fair I have not seen Chris for many a year. There was a time I seemed to live in his flat battling him at sonic or some other video game before going down the pub. How time moves on.

To be fair I have not seen Chris for many a year. There was a time I seemed to live in his flat battling him at sonic or some other video game before going down the pub. How time moves on.

Bumped into him earlier in the year ( or late last year) one or the other, it was bloody cold whenever it was. He's looking well and it was good to catch up with him. Annoyingly, he has aged well.

Back