• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Can anyway see what the point of hendrie signing for the club is.

PB was talking him up pre season and he can't get a game when our left back breaks his leg. Timlin has been very average out of position yet he still can't get a game.

If he cant get a game in this situation then he may as well pack it in and leave for pastures new.

Its all about confidence. He is a quality player , just having a rough time of it at the moment.

Think back a few years when Gavin Tomlin played for us ... he went something like 20 games playing up front looking like possibly the worst SUFC player of all time. He luckily scored one off his back side then "something clicked" , his confidence was regained and honestly he became unstoppable and then started banging em in from all angles like he was Pele.

Its such a fine line with players , i honestly think he got injured 90 seconds into the Blackburn opener and then tried to play through the pain barrier , and playing unfit shattered his confidence. If he is back to 100% now , he needs an arm round him and maybe play him left midfield in a ressie game to just go and enjoy himself.

I think the team and fans can see Timlin struggling at LB so would welcome a fit and happy Hendrie into the team with open arms

Its all about confidence. He is a quality player , just having a rough time of it at the moment.

Think back a few years when Gavin Tomlin played for us ... he went something like 20 games playing up front looking like possibly the worst SUFC player of all time. He luckily scored one off his back side then "something clicked" , his confidence was regained and honestly he became unstoppable and then started banging em in from all angles like he was Pele.

Its such a fine line with players , i honestly think he got injured 90 seconds into the Blackburn opener and then tried to play through the pain barrier , and playing unfit shattered his confidence. If he is back to 100% now , he needs an arm round him and maybe play him left midfield in a ressie game to just go and enjoy himself.

I think the team and fans can see Timlin struggling at LB so would welcome a fit and happy Hendrie into the team with open arms

Never gonna get his confidence back on the bench. Look at Mark Oxley!

Can anyway see what the point of hendrie signing for the club is.

PB was talking him up pre season and he can't get a game when our left back breaks his leg. Timlin has been very average out of position yet he still can't get a game.

If he cant get a game in this situation then he may as well pack it in and leave for pastures new.

He's a quality player on his day and proved that in his loan spell with us. Think that might be a compelling enough reason to sign him? I'm glad you're not managing us as you'd be buying and selling players in a heartbeat.

People are asking why his confidence is low .. mmmmm .. let me think, probably because at the start of the season when he was playing, he was the scapegoat on the terraces and on here and now he ain't playing and PB is getting the blame for this. Oxley , last season was jeered and ridiculed by some, his crime, he wasn't Bentley. Years back, Maher, because of the boo joys could only play in away games. Our ground can be toxic sometimes .. we are close to the pitch and player and they pick up on this and then people wonder why confidence is shattered !

He's last game at Charlton he actually played well in the first half, all I can think is at half time in that game he was told to stop the cross and they ended up scoring from a cross his side then he was subbed more or less straight away and hasn't played since

I do wonder if Hendrie was fully fit when he came back into the squad and was on the bench initially so that he could come on in an emergency ......... but since then the position has changed quite a lot and now I wonder if Brown is just trying to minimise changes to the defence to try to build a little stability/a platform to progress from.

He's last game at Charlton he actually played well in the first half, all I can think is at half time in that game he was told to stop the cross and they ended up scoring from a cross his side then he was subbed more or less straight away and hasn't played since

Well Tims didn't stop the cross against Peterborough for their goal. The player went past him with ease. He didn't get subbed.

If my memory serves me at Charton away he was clearly struggling with injury. Was basically limping around and had tonnes of strapping on his leg. I think he tried to play through injury and hasn't been fully fit for a long time, I can't possibly understand any other reason behind him not playing

People are asking why his confidence is low .. mmmmm .. let me think, probably because at the start of the season when he was playing, he was the scapegoat on the terraces and on here and now he ain't playing and PB is getting the blame for this. Oxley , last season was jeered and ridiculed by some, his crime, he wasn't Bentley. Years back, Maher, because of the boo joys could only play in away games. Our ground can be toxic sometimes .. we are close to the pitch and player and they pick up on this and then people wonder why confidence is shattered !

Couldn't agree more, both in the ground and on social media, it amazes me how sections of the crowd have picked players to single out for criticism and abuse, Demetriou was murdered early in the season (I thought he was excellent on Tuesday night BTW), then Ferdinand, everyone was praying that he stayed at the end of last season, now there's a Twitter account lambasting him constantly, Tuesday evening it was McLaughlin's turn, unbelievable

If my memory serves me at Charton away he was clearly struggling with injury. Was basically limping around and had tonnes of strapping on his leg. I think he tried to play through injury and hasn't been fully fit for a long time, I can't possibly understand any other reason behind him not playing

Soon after though when Wordsworth started coming back from injury Hendrie came on for him going to LB with Timlin going to CM. he was fit enough to come on so should be fit enough by now to start at LB. He also played in the Reading game

A lot of good points about Hendrie.

I haven't seen him much in the current spell, but was impressed before.

Timlin does seem undroppable, which is half the problem.

Hendrie would work better in a 3-5-2 system, which is where he played for us, before.

I think if things changed and that system became the norm, he would get a lot more starts.

That said, we haven't got one centre-half fit, let alone three!

It may be a loss of form, but the fact is that his manager would sooner play other players out of position than play him in his own position at the moment. He's been behind Timlin, White, Kyprianou, Demetriou for the left back slot so far.
If his confidence is that shot (and if it wasn't surely it is now) can't we farm him out somewhere non league where he can be man of the match every week and come back buzzing? Or is the squad so thin that Brown wants him to remain on the premises?

Basically Give him a chance or get rid......but for god sake stop playing Timlin there, for all his effort he ain’t a left back, and never will be so long as he has an a**e to s**t with!

Hendrie good player we have seen it when is was loan .
So what's wrong ! Is it Brown man management skill ? . I say put him in play lb and play timlin in cm

But hell brown will probably put hendrie upfront

Hendrie is a Brown signing... there's obviously a reason why he's not 1st choice but I don't think it's a problem here. He was a Prem player with West Ham, dropped down to Blackburn and was appalling there, only got a few starts. I do think that he will come good if people get off his back but it's always been the case and to be fair, not just here. Every club has boo boys.

If Hendrie is fully fit then he should play from the start on Saturday.

Two groups then need to play their part:

1. Brown and Coughs: put an arm round him if need be, give him the confidence he is lacking

2. Us, the fans: give him a cheer when his name is read out, give praise when he does well, and shut the fc uk up if one or two things he does don't quite go to plan at the start

Most of us were happy when he signed as there is a good player in there - why waste that by not being encouraging?

UTB

Back