• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Henry Allingham - 113 years old

The whole country should salute this gentleman. One of the best bio's I've read on Wiki for a long long time. This bit especially made me laugh.

As the number of World War I veterans dwindled calls had been growing to give the last remaining veteran a state funeral.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Allingham#cite_note-32 The calls resulted in Her Majesty's Government approving on 27 June 2006 a National Memorial Service at Westminster Abbey to take place after the death of the last known British World War I veteran.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Allingham#cite_note-33 Prior to this announcement Allingham has often said that he tries not to think about the prospect, but has also been quoted as saying "I don't mind — as long as it's not me."

:))

When that day comes I for one will be making the trip to Westminster to pay my respects and I suggest that SZ gather a group together to do likewise.

Back