• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Henry Winter a man after my own heart

effy67

Youth Team
In the Daily telegraph today he writes an article about Chelsea and in particular Drogba but the end of the article made me this cold, dark, wet Friday proud to be a Shrimper

''If Scolari was hailed as the main winner at Roots Hall, then the FA will be feeling similarly pleased after a compelling reminder of the passion still generated by their fabled competition.

Southend's players and supporters showed how much the Cup meant to them. partly stirred by a desire to see wealthy, famous visitors struggle, Roots hall noisily seized the chance to show people there is vibrant life outside the Premier League. With the game televised live, the nations living rooms reverberated to the sound of ''Southend til I die'', a reminder that the FA Cup is alive and kicking.

Roll on Stockport tomorrow, let the train take the strain UTBs!

In the Daily telegraph today he writes an article about Chelsea and in particular Drogba but the end of the article made me this cold, dark, wet Friday proud to be a Shrimper

''If Scolari was hailed as the main winner at Roots Hall, then the FA will be feeling similarly pleased after a compelling reminder of the passion still generated by their fabled competition.

Southend's players and supporters showed how much the Cup meant to them. partly stirred by a desire to see wealthy, famous visitors struggle, Roots hall noisily seized the chance to show people there is vibrant life outside the Premier League. With the game televised live, the nations living rooms reverberated to the sound of ''Southend til I die'', a reminder that the FA Cup is alive and kicking.

Roll on Stockport tomorrow, let the train take the strain UTBs!

I was going to post those comments too. Always think he is pretty good though pretty sure that all non Premierhs**** fans know what the F.A. Cup still means.

Also, had a headache yesterday, not from too mcuh in the Spread but from being continually patted on the head and patronised at work yesterday. I did not want to be told we had been "gutsy" I wanted to have won.

And if I hear Chelsea described a "brave" for their second half showing!!!"Brave" is going to war or suffering from cancer with dignity not palying football and beating a team from two divisions lower.

And one last thing did Andy Townsend realise there were two teams playing the other night and not just Chelsea!

Henry Winter a man after my own heart ???

Why are you a Man Utd supporter too ?

And one last thing did Andy Townsend realise there were two teams playing the other night and not just Chelsea!

If you think that's bad you want to watch the highlights (possibly Sky?) that someone put up on here with Martin Tyler commentating. All the commentary of Barrett's goal was about how poor Chelsea's marking was and barely mentioned we had scored. ITV are poor for football but at least some of their commentators are half decent, just the punditry lets them down.

Back