• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southendblue

Johnny Herd will this week be Training with Crewe, with view to a possible loan move that will take him away from the Hall until January. Good luck to the lad!

Che Wilson was the people's left back... Johnny Herd is chief better-with-his-hands-than-his-feet man.

Excellent move for Johnny - Dario has a magnificent eye for potential talent.

Good luck Johnny and best wishes.

Good luck to him. I hope it works out, even if I have my doubts as to whether it will.

Never saw what all the fuss was about, obviously I wish him well though.

Think this move might fall through if someone has a look at Johnny's paperwork and realises that he isn't a promising 16 year old, but is actually over 21 years old.

Tidy player but not quite good enough IMHO as a professional.......may earn a career at lower level of the football league due in part to his long throw - this will help him over his career.

Disappointed to see him go. Another one of our youngsters not given the opportunity.:soapbox:

Best of luck Johnny

How many games did he play over three seasons? Got to be pushing 30? It's a fair opportunity under two managers and both have made it a priority to bring in new leftbacks. That tells it's own story unfortunately.

To be fair to the lad, Sturrock signed Gilbert before knowing anything about the squad that was left at Southend, So JH was never given a chance to prove himself to PS. But i cant think of any games where Johnny has played and let anybody down, or had a stand out bad performance. Also, given the fact he got injured half way through last season, Tilson was forced to make loan signings, I do believe if the he hadn't of got injured that we would have seen him feature more reguarly last season. He has been given chances here & there, but nothing concrete and lets face it, it was hard for him to make an impact to the team when he was thrown in towards the end of last season, when we were practicaly already relegated.

I like Herd and I'm not really sure what he's done wrong during his time here. Whenever I've seen him he's been solid. He hasn't had a chance under Sturrock and I hope he doesn't become another 'one who got away' like Hooper and Kightly. A loan move would make sense though as he's not going to get in the team at the moment.

Back