• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
thought i would let you know what the germans think about our "effort" so far.i am a passionate englishman,living here in germany,everything hurts even more!!but when the german "b-team",beat our best team at wembley 1-0,last november(we never even got a shot on target!!)..the german tv expert,mehmet scholl,said.."he had never seen a worse team than england,we had no tactics or gameplan" all we did was run,following where ever the ball went,with no idea what to do with the ball when we got it...very hard,but true..now the day after our "game" with Uruguay, he analysed our "display", saying our defence was so poor,that german under 14-15 teams,, defend better..he wondered what sort of training our defence had done,together,the 6 weeks before the world cup started. nowadays, the germans have even given up laughing at us

I actually don't give a toss what the Germans think. As for Costa Rica, you just know we will win that one, and in some style too. Mark my words!!!

How does Gary Neville go from player to pundit to England coach ? Yes he has FA badges but so do thousands of others, purely a case of if your face fits !!! Our very own Peter Taylor is light years ahead of the current crop of England coaches, I mean Lewington ? FFS This isn't a dig at Hodgson because I think he's ok but he hasn't surrounded himself with greatness !!

England need a change of direction , and that has to start from the top,from the fat arses sitting behind desks .You need people who have played soccer at the highest level,not just there in England but overseas as well. just obtaining your coaches badges is not enough.I think your leader showed is ineptness with his plan for "B" TEAMS . He showed his disinterest in any club lower than the championship.I dont know how good your academys or institute of sport whatever you call them, but your soccer academys should be filled with top class ex footballers ,who have experienced not just english football ,but playing in Europe etc.Also they should have leadership skills and be very astute brain wise, and have excellent ball skills.Its not good enough to just have each club raise the youth needs to be done on a national basis as well.

England need a change of direction , and that has to start from the top,from the fat arses sitting behind desks .You need people who have played soccer at the highest level,not just there in England but overseas as well. just obtaining your coaches badges is not enough.I think your leader showed is ineptness with his plan for "B" TEAMS . He showed his disinterest in any club lower than the championship.I dont know how good your academys or institute of sport whatever you call them, but your soccer academys should be filled with top class ex footballers ,who have experienced not just english football ,but playing in Europe etc.Also they should have leadership skills and be very astute brain wise, and have excellent ball skills.Its not good enough to just have each club raise the youth needs to be done on a national basis as well.
spot on,the f.a,who i HATE,must change,from top to bottom.that comedian f.a. boss..dick van DYKE,is as useless as all before him,,the f.a. need more influence from people like the Dutch&germans..i was in wembley,1977,when the Dutch beat us 2-0..next day EVERY paper said ,we are behind the times,we MUST change..and what happened...SOD ALL..nothing will happen this time either

just obtaining your coaches badges is not enough.

Coaching Badges. Who decides the criteria for being a good coach and then sets the standard? IIRC, when the FA decreed you had to have all your badges to be a Premiership manager, unless you were Ferguson or Wenger who were excused on some length of time thing.
Given that these two had won almost every Premier league title, I suspect they were scared one of them may have looked at the criteria set down and said, "This is bollocks".

I read a great Wenger interview on Sky recently in which he pointed out when Spain wins everyone says we should play like Spain. When Real Madrid win we should play like them, etc,etc,etc. I really can't see how there can be a definitive way to coach players. Surely it comes down to finding a way to win with the players you have. Prime example Tony Pulis. Did well at Stoke playing hoofball and managed to keep them up year in year out. Played a completely different game at Palace and for my money should have been manager of the year.

As one TV pundit said, English players seem to shrink on the world stage. Players from other teams grow - Did you watch Ashkan Dejagah for Iran? I didn't see an English forward look half as good as he did against the Argies.

the town i live in here in germany, bayreuth,they got promoted this season from bayernliga nord(north), to bayernliga (1)..they won by 10-12 points,maybe more, but the manager of bayreuth must leave the club,he has left now,they have now a new manager, the reason is ,the old manager only had a licence (coaching badges) up bl (nord)...so he was not allowed,by the german f.a. ,to be manager bl (1)..he was not qualifyed enough..they are very hard here,rules are rules,they are winners ,dont know if its right,but it seems to work

Back