• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch .....Hereford away

Mick

Life President
Just three days before we play at Swindon, we have a referee from Swindow at Hereford on Saturday. It is "rookie" referee Simon Hooper in his first season, refereeing both Southend and Hereford for the first time. He has refereed 20 games at this level, producing a decidedly average 46 yellows and 5 reds. He had a decent game when I saw him at Grays last season.

Assistants will be Martin Dexter from Leicester and Tony Horton from West Midlands with James Cox from Worcester on numbers board duties.

Elsewhere Attwell is refereeing in non-league, albeit an important Trophy match. Most unusual for a FIFA referee to do a match like that ... but then Attwell is a most unusual FIFA referee.

I have described Hooper's card count as average. The leader by a huge margin on yellows is Iain Williamson with his one-man cardfest averaging just under 5 per match and at the other end of the spectrum Carl Boyeson and Grant Hegley are showing how it can be done with 1.2 and 1.3 respectively.

Just three days before we play at Swindon, we have a referee from Swindow at Hereford on Saturday. It is "rookie" referee Simon Hooper in his first season, refereeing both Southend and Hereford for the first time. He has refereed 20 games at this level, producing a decidedly average 46 yellows and 5 reds. He had a decent game when I saw him at Grays last season.

Assistants will be Martin Dexter from Leicester and Tony Horton from West Midlands with James Cox from Worcester on numbers board duties.

Elsewhere Attwell is refereeing in non-league, albeit an important Trophy match. Most unusual for a FIFA referee to do a match like that ... but then Attwell is a most unusual FIFA referee.

I have described Hooper's card count as average. The leader by a huge margin on yellows is Iain Williamson with his one-man cardfest averaging just under 5 per match and at the other end of the spectrum Carl Boyeson and Grant Hegley are showing how it can be done with 1.2 and 1.3 respectively.
Ok, he doesn't dish out many cards but he's an awul ref!

Ok, he doesn't dish out many cards but he's an awul ref!

That's a matter of opinion; I think he tends to enhance the games he referees whereas many others detract from the game.

Back