• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCStu

President

Timlin on the left? Dailliy straight in? Ferdinand in for Sawyer? :stunned:

Belford, Clohessy, Phillips, Barker, Prosser, Hall, Ferdinand, Dailly, Timlin, Benyon, Harris.
Subs: Sawyer, Hills, Flood, Martin, Sturrock.

Hereford:

Cornell, Purkiss, Townsend, Anthony, Purdie, Barkhuizen, Evans, Featherstone, Lunt, Arquin, Facey.
Subs: Green, Colbeck, Stam, Elder, Clucas.

Okay so some will be miffed at the selection. Lets hold our horses and see what the result brings.

Maybe Dailly for Sawyer but that's a little harsh imo, but Ferdinand ahead of Martin, WTF is that about.
All that princess Kane done last week was come on & get booked, & in the reserves in midweek looked bored ****less.

If your going to start with Dailly & Timlin they are CM, Martin has done enough in his time with us to be a starter week in week out imo.

At least some players continue to get the chance to find there form by way of starting games unlike Sawyer..
Timlin has got to have been the worst of the midfield in the last three games Sawyer has played in YET he
still starts why!

What? No Martin or Sawyer? Ferdinand playing with Dailly?

I'm off for a lie down.

Cross about this selection. Why on earth isnt Martin playing? How long before we see Martin play with Hall to pull teams apart? Sheesh.

Must admit seems incredibly strange for Martin to lose his place in the 11. The only two things I can think of is that Luggy was that peeved with Martin for not clearing his lines last week ( on Monday Luggy refered to just one player didn't do his job for Accies second goal) so maybe dropping him was on the cards. And secondly probably feels Hall and Martin in the same 11 is too lightweight to the extent it'll expose the defence. But then I think David Webb played with two holding central midfielders and two flying wingers out wide. It worked for Webby so maybe Luggy should give it a try. But he's picked the 11 so lets wait and see what the outcome is before firing the shots. Amazing really because had I said similsar criticisms to what has been aired already since the team was announced I would've been castigated. So others are laying into the selection before a ball is kicked. Wait and see.

Subs: Sawyer, Hills, Flood, Martin, Sturrock.

Pleased to see Sturrock on the bench - at least we have options.

Have to disagree with you blue79 about Hall and Martin being too lightweight together - they both track back well for my money.

If PS has dropped Martin because of his error for the equaliser last week that is very harsh. Plenty of players have made errors this season, but he & Hall are our two most creative players. Hereford, for all their recent good form in the last three games, are in the bottom four because they are poor & poor sides are there for the taking if you play against them.

Negative & defensive tactics against a poor team tell them were scared so they will have a go at us, rather than us getting at them from the off.

Not my view greebosan just trying to work out reasons for Martin's exit from the 11. So peculiar to me. Another possible reason is that Luggy wants one from Hall or Martin to be an impact sub. But my guess is Martin will begin to become a little unhappy over this.

Have held back with getting on Sturrocks back, but it's really starting to annoy me with his persistence of using only one of either Hall or Martin. We have two out and out wingers and with 10 games left should really be pushing on and having a go at teams, especially given our lack of goal-scoring striking options as the moment, and both have clear attacking instincts.

If our players find some form we should still win this game comfortably 3-0 and its about time they do!

This to me has 4-3-3 all over it and in this formation looks good

Belford
Clohessy Phillips Barker Prosser

Dailly
Ferdinand Timlin

Hall Harris Benyon

Good point ryansm. Especially against Hereford. My fear is Hereford will see this as us being a tad fearful of them. But as I said above lets just see what the result is first before we kick off with criticism.

Martin has to play. He faded last week as he spent most of the game covering for Gilbert. Prosser is much better at Centre back than left back.

Should it go against us maybe Nick Allaker of BBC Essex will ask Luggy why he doesn't play Hall and Martin together. I would love to know the reason. But hey ho we might well win.

Back