• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stephen L

SUFC Scoreboard Operator
Hello all, thought id join and say hello!

My names steve or stephen, whatever variation of that, and i do the scoreboard at Southend United (Wrong spellings are not mine, blame others lol).

Hope everyone's well :)

Hello Stephen, welcome to ShrimperZone. Hope you stick around and join in with the many debates that go on about the greatest club in the world.

How long have you been doing the scoreboard job? I remember on the old scoreboard they used to put the wrong score, team name etc all the time. Used to make me chuckle and wasn't sure if that was meant to happen or was a genuine mistake.

If you have any issues or questions feel free to ask me or one of the other mods and we can assist you and hopefully solve it.

Regards
Ricey

Welcome! The scoreboard is a vast improvement on anything we've had before, so well done!

Hear, hear. Glad we have a score board back but, we can't see the thing now with all the advert boards around it.

Haha yes, how many adverts have they put round the new one, kinda overules the scoreboard a bit.... and the old scoreboard, i spoke to the guy that kept that going as long as he did before demanding the club get a new one, at least this one is colour...

Hello Stephen, welcome to ShrimperZone. Hope you stick around and join in with the many debates that go on about the greatest club in the world.

How long have you been doing the scoreboard job? I remember on the old scoreboard they used to put the wrong score, team name etc all the time. Used to make me chuckle and wasn't sure if that was meant to happen or was a genuine mistake.

If you have any issues or questions feel free to ask me or one of the other mods and we can assist you and hopefully solve it.

Regards
Ricey

Have been doing it last few months, keep trying to add useful info on it. and on saturdays, keeping all the latest div2 up to date on scores is a pain to keep updating, but apart from that its not too bad, really cannot complain :)

Last edited:

Probably with the old one there were only about 40% of bulbs working so everything was squished on it lol.

Hear, hear. Glad we have a score board back but, we can't see the thing now with all the advert boards around it.

You cant see the board because ur eyes are bad...or you are drunk :winking:

In fairness I don't think the issue is either of these. I think the problem is that three of the six adverts around the scoreboard are black and white, and that is the same as the scoreboard when the scores are shown. It is therefore very difficult to distinguish the scoreboard from its surround.

Hello all, thought id join and say hello!

My names steve or stephen, whatever variation of that, and i do the scoreboard at Southend United (Wrong spellings are not mine, blame others lol).

Hope everyone's well :)

Has anyone ever tested whether the top number can go higher than 2? To be fair, I don't think it's a particularly pressing issue.

Lol... yes it can go to 999, but thats only if i need someone to call an emergency due to the stadium collapsing on my broom cupboard i am stored in lol...

Is that still in the south stand?

Back