• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

High Court hearing v Charterhouse 14/07/2010

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So we are back in the High Court tomorrow to face yet another winding up petition. This time from loan company, Charterhouse Commercial Finance, over a debt of £140,000, which is believed to have been borrowed against season card monies.

Ron has assured the fans that "the money is in place" to pay the debt in full.

Will the debt be settled?

Will Charterhouse "Move the goalposts" and demand extra fee's at the last minute?

Will the Charterhouse legal team claim "It is evident this company is insolvent"

Will the red and orange knights save our arses again?

Has the T.V. money arrived, or have the club been knocked for a change?

Will SUFC, like last season on the pitch, turn up with no defence?

Will there be another adjournement and another visit set for August?

Will this ultimately be the day our luck finally runs out?

Crack on....

Last edited:
So we are back in the High Court tomorrow to face yet another winding up petition. This time from loan company, Charterhouse Commercial Finance, over a debt of £140,000, which is believed to have been borrowed against season card monies.

Ron has assured the fans that "the money is in place" to pay the debt in full.

Will the debt be settled?

Will Charterhouse "Move the goalposts" and demand extra fee's at the last minute?

Will the Charterhouse legal team claim "It is evident this company is insolvent"

Will the red and orange knights save our arses again?

Will SUFC, like last season on the pitch, turn up with no defence?

Will this ultimately be the day our luck finally runs out?

Crack on....

I imagine this will be paid by our Orange friends again.

I can't see us not paying £140,000, never know though. The funds are in place, surely wouldn't be used, on the official site, if they weren't in place. Has happened before though!

We can't mess up on this one, the funds are there for it, and there's no room for error.

The big question is will all the other bills and debts be settled as told to the court last Thursday, with the help of Sainsbury's.
Promises were made, and surprisingly, a pretty picture of the clubs finances emerged. 'Prove it' the judge said.
This is where we could balls it up.

Seems to me we have sold our soul and there is nothing left to hold onto and all this about Sainsbury's bailing us out is desperate measures by RM. Lets be frank here Sainsbury's as big as what they are do not have a bottomless pit and there has to come a time whereby they say enough is enough

Seems to me we have sold our soul and there is nothing left to hold onto and all this about Sainsbury's bailing us out is desperate measures by RM. Lets be frank here Sainsbury's as big as what they are do not have a bottomless pit and there has to come a time whereby they say enough is enough

When the ground is built and they have their superstore? Possibly.

We've gone to the hole in the wall at the Bank of Sainsburys and come up with another £100,000 or so,and we will be going to that very same cashpoint for god knows how long.As a stand alone football club we haven't got the proverbial pot.I'm off to Sainsburys at Rayleigh Weir now to do my shopping knowing that I'm keeping the football club going.

Anyone know what time it is?
Anyone going? (Or will we have to piece together the truth again from various media outlets?)

This one should just be a formality with Charterhouse's 140k from Sainsburys held by the solicitors, presuming Ron et al are being upfront that is.

THE DAILY LIST
COMPANIES COURT
Court 9

1st Floor
Main Building (East)

Before

MR REGISTRAR SIMMONDS

on

Wednesday 14 July 2010 Not Before 11:00am

4503 /2010 Truro City Football Club Limited
4507 /2010 Southend United Football Club Limited (The)

Has the T.V. money arrived, or have the club been knocked for a change?

No and what arrives will be a much smaller amount as this money will be used to pay our debts to other clubs... At least that part of our outstanding debts will be cleared!

I love how everyone is so relaxed about the court appearance today. A mere formality eh?....

Whether we pay up or not, I am fed up with my football club being dragged through the mud, week after week.

Settle the ****ing bills and get the embargo lifted NOW.

(And yes I did get out of bed on the wrong side)

I love how everyone is so relaxed about the court appearance today. A mere formality eh?....

Whether we pay up or not, I am fed up with my football club being dragged through the mud, week after week.

Settle the ****ing bills and get the embargo lifted NOW.

(And yes I did get out of bed on the wrong side)

Yep and if you can't settle the bills Ron, do a suitable deal that gets both parties out of this mess and then **** right off into the sunset to lick your wounds for a while. If only.......

Back