• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hillsborough anniversary

Can I ask that we all observe a 2 minute silence (e.g. no posting between 15:06 & 15:08, tomorrow Wednesday 15 April)?

I know it's not directly SZ or SUFC related but wanted this post to be seen by all. I feel it's worthy enough of observing, like we have done in the past for Rememberance Day, the 7/7 tributes etc. Benitez has also come out today and said all football fans, not just Liverpool supporters should remember tomorrow.

I think that's fair enough. We'll not do anything special in terms of stopping posts or anything like that, best to leave it as self-moderating.

Are you sure OBL will be able to manage 2 minutes of not posting??

:p I'm sure I'll manage

Gag-tapegag-lorelei-15610.jpg

i must be in the minority...I know it was Liverpool fans that lost thier lives, but why does the anniversary be held at Anfield. It should be at Hillsborough..I'm sure all the people connected with Sheff weds would like to show thier respect too. Its just another case of 'oooh, lets look at the premiership club'....do we hold a minuites silence for those who died at Bradford in thier fire?

Cracking idea. I don't post during 9-1 then 2-5:15 because of work anyways, but I hope people do this.

Watching the build up to Liverpool vs Blackburn on Sky Sports, and Football Focus was very emotional.

The anniversary is held at Anfield because 96 Liverpool fans died, I wouldn't think that would be too hard to understand. I'm fairly sure Sheffield Wednesday mark the occasion in their own way.

i must be in the minority...I know it was Liverpool fans that lost thier lives, but why does the anniversary be held at Anfield. It should be at Hillsborough..I'm sure all the people connected with Sheff weds would like to show thier respect too. Its just another case of 'oooh, lets look at the premiership club'....do we hold a minuites silence for those who died at Bradford in thier fire?

Good point, well made.

It appears Sheffield Wednesday FC couldn't really give a **** about what happened in their stadium. There is no permanent monument or plague in memory of the 96 who died despite numerous attempts by the families and Liverpool FC to try and get them to put one up.

But the Bradford fire was different, in that it was Bradford fans who died in Bradford, so that other towns and cities weren't directly affected.

I'm sure the commemoration is being held at Anfield as that will be easiest for the families to get to. Whenever there are memorial services or commemorations for other disasters or tragedies or people who've died in wars, they don't always take place at the scene of the disaster, they take place in cathedrals or churches, or for national commemorations, in London.

Staff at Sheffield Wednesday will be holding a two minutes' silence at 3.06pm tomorrow. They will also allow access to the Hillsborough memorial and the Leppings Lane end for people who wish to pay their repsects and they will have a minute's silence before their game against Southampton on Saturday. Liverpool and the Hillsborough families asked Sheffield Wednesday not to have a formal service there because of the one taking place at Anfield.

The city of Nottingham will also be marking the anniversary with two minutes' silence in the Market Square at 3.06pm, with buses coming to a standstill there as well. After the silence, church bells will ring 96 times. Football fans are being encouraged to wear their team's colours, whoever they support.

It appears Sheffield Wednesday FC couldn't really give a **** about what happened in their stadium. There is no permanent monument or plague in memory of the 96 who died despite numerous attempts by the families and Liverpool FC to try and get them to put one up.

Plaque%20Farm.jpg

Rich, not

acral_gangrene_due_to_plague.jpg

Back