• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hillsborough inquiry - verdict

On BBC2 at 9pm tonight is the UK premiere of a full length documentary, apparently first aired on ESPN as part of their 30 for 30 series.

On BBC2 at 9pm tonight is the UK premiere of a full length documentary, apparently first aired on ESPN as part of their 30 for 30 series.

Watched it last night and even though it raised many emotion’s for me including sadness and anger I would recommend it to anybody let alone a football fan wanting to know ‘The Truth’. Not sure if I am more upset with the incompetence that caused this tragedy and needless loss of lives or angry with lies and decent that managed to cover it up for so many years.

Last edited:
Watched it last night, too.

Extraordinarily well made with the right balance of emotion throughout and with accounts from all sides, which were a moving testament to an horrendous story, that could so easily have been avoided.

There were many warning signs prior to that day.

Having not been alive when this happened, I've never really taken the time to look into the footage, mainly because I didn't want to for obvious reasons. Watched this the other night and all I can say is that thank Christ I have never been involved in anything like this. The footage was horrendous, and I would never wish that upon anyone. Really moving stuff. Thoughts go out to the families of everyone involved.

How they managed to keep this covered up for so long is unbelievable.

On the BBC news up to 23 people could face charges, including manslaughter by gross negligence

The decision on whether to proceed with the charges, or some of them, is due this week .

Six charged, including Duckenfield with manslaughter through gross negligence

That should put an end to the drunken Liverpool fans theory so beloved of the right.

Shame Thatcher is dead (well, it's not really)...can't we imprison Kelvin McKenzie as well? Scurrilious ****.

Six charged with four being senior Police officers along with the Sheffield Wednesday safety officer and a solicitor. JFT96

Last edited:
So just 6 from a possible 23. You can charge a safety officer but no one from the FA. I'll expect more complaints from the scousers who were not even born at the time.

I'll expect more complaints from the scousers who were not even born at the time.
Why do you have to have been alive to want justice for dead relatives and family friends?

Blaming Thatcher? Beyond belief.

Sorry A1, that isn't how I read it. We all know Thatcher believed the police and not the Liverpool fans so my take was that it would be nice to be able to say "I told you so". Don't forget the letter sent by her press secretary:

Sir-Bernard-Ingham.jpg

In fairness to her (and believe me that is a difficult thing for me to do), football fans had an extremely poor reputation back then so it would have been very easy to believe what you're being told by the Police and just about everyone else. That is probably (one of the reasons) why the Police got away with it for so long.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that justice needs to be seen to be served. These people deserve to stand trial, but let's not forget that (whatever we've read in the papers and seen on the TV) people are innocent until proven guilty.

Sorry A1, that isn't how I read it. We all know Thatcher believed the police and not the Liverpool fans so my take was that it would be nice to be able to say "I told you so". Don't forget the letter sent by her press secretary:

View attachment 4781

In fairness to her (and believe me that is a difficult thing for me to do), football fans had an extremely poor reputation back then so it would have been very easy to believe what you're being told by the Police and just about everyone else. That is probably (one of the reasons) why the Police got away with it for so long.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that justice needs to be seen to be served. These people deserve to stand trial, but let's not forget that (whatever we've read in the papers and seen on the TV) people are innocent until proven guilty.

Indeed. I believe she supressed a report that blamed the police and fan the flames of the ***** published about the Liverpool fans as she "didn't want to harm morale."

I'm sure I witnessed Mrs Thatcher dressed in a Liverpool shirt leading the charge at Heysel stadium against the Juve fans.

You do yourself no credit with such a futile comment by connecting the two disasters just because Liverpool were playing in both games. If you check it out the crucial difference is that charges were made and some of those involved were punished shortly after Heysel.

Back