• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hindsight Utd

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
People,

Please can we stop harping back to the "Shouldn't have sacked PB/SCP", "Shouldn't have sold Leonard", "Should have done this/that/whatever" type posts please? It solves absolutely nothing, is pointless and the underlying (and usually accompanying theme) of something like "I said so at the time and..." is akin to "I told you so" which are 4 words no-one ever needs to hear (especially if they're wrong!),

Personally, I mourn the loss of Dick Bate, who I felt was on the cusp of getting it spot on and who knows where we would be now and what heights we may have ascended to if he had been in the hotseat for just a few more games?

That's ridiculous of course, but is about as useful as any of the numerous hindsight statements about who we should/shouldn't have signed/sold/sacked/retained/released.

IT DOESN'T MATTER. MOVE ON.

Thank God it's nearly January and we have a transfer thread to discuss,,,

The transfer thread is one of the most boring things on here, IMHO.

Where we are and how we move forward is inherently linked to the past and decisions made. Utilising the types of players that worked for us and those that don't. Tapping into history and the mistakes made is part of moulding our future.

It can't change those decisions, which is your point inherently, but it can affect our thinking and as such has it's place.

I keep telling my mum, “ if you hadn’t had me in Rochford hospital and brought me up in Hullbridge I might have had the opportunity to have supported a decent team”:Smile:

Hindsight is life’s lowlight. A joyless world of what-ifs, if-onlys and whys.

Unfortunately the sign of the disconnect with the team with supporters trying to analyse why the hell they support a side that never wins ......in all my years I can't remember going to games without any belief that we are going to win or draw a game....it's not even mid December yet and the Season Ticket feels like a form of self harm

I keep telling my mum, “ if you hadn’t had me in Rochford hospital and brought me up in Hullbridge I might have had the opportunity to have supported a decent team”:Smile:

I have the same story. Although I blame Hullbridge under 10's manager for taking us to RH for surprise Christmas treat.

If I remember right we were struggling in the 3rd division at the time. We had just sold Peter Taylor.....Which i said at the time was a big mistake, if only we had kept him, Chris Guthrie, Stuart Brace and Peter Silvester because I like the name......Just think where we would be.

You think you've got problems? I was born in Falkirk, my family moved down to Essex, and my Dad deliberately took me to Southend because going to watch a big team in London was "too much bother".

My three teams are Scotland, Southend, and Falkirk.

And people wonder why I drink...

You should have said we're not allowed to say 'I told you so' before Tombstone got binned.

That would have been fun.....

You think you've got problems? I was born in Falkirk, my family moved down to Essex, and my Dad deliberately took me to Southend because going to watch a big team in London was "too much bother".

My three teams are Scotland, Southend, and Falkirk.

And people wonder why I drink...
Recently I haven’t smiled much on anything SUFC related, but that has me laughing out loud on the train home.

People,

Please can we stop harping back to the "Shouldn't have sacked PB/SCP", "Shouldn't have sold Leonard", "Should have done this/that/whatever" type posts please? It solves absolutely nothing, is pointless and the underlying (and usually accompanying theme) of something like "I said so at the time and..." is akin to "I told you so" which are 4 words no-one ever needs to hear (especially if they're wrong!),

Personally, I mourn the loss of Dick Bate, who I felt was on the cusp of getting it spot on and who knows where we would be now and what heights we may have ascended to if he had been in the hotseat for just a few more games?

That's ridiculous of course, but is about as useful as any of the numerous hindsight statements about who we should/shouldn't have signed/sold/sacked/retained/released.

IT DOESN'T MATTER. MOVE ON.

Thank God it's nearly January and we have a transfer thread to discuss,,,

Respectfully, you cannot move on from something as drastic as our recent history, unless the initial cause was/is identified, rectified and lessons learned.

Our problems, IMO, have not yet been widely indentified, and even less has been done to rectify them.

During preseason I posted to the effect that;

1). Our forward line looks like it will score for fun.
2). Our midfield will come into its own with a good forward line and defence.
3). For the first time in seasons I felt we had a good looking defence and it would be the base for a promotion tilt.

Can I still say I told you so ? :Sick:

Back