• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hindsight Utd

Brown being sacked causing this mess? In my opinion that's a very blinkered statement.

The sacking of PB did not create this current situation, many things have happened since then.
The whys and wherefores will continue until we hit an upward trajectory and start putting wins on the board. It isn't Southend United's divine right to be a top half league one team, in fact we are doing well when we are there. As a fan I don't expect the play offs, I don't expect us to be in the promotion race, but what I do expect is a team that fights for the shirt. A team who can be competitive in whatever league we are in. A team that is balanced where everyone is pulling their weight and doesn't decide whether or not to show up one week to the next - 'Oh, Rochdale away, don't fancy this one'. It's natural to lay blame but the truth is it's a number of reasons that have all snowballed, which leads us to where we are now. We can only hope that Campbell can lead something of a renaissance and then we can lay the PB and CP discussions to bed once and for all.

Sides suffer loss of form for all sorts of reasons: key players sold or injured, poor recruitment, off the field issues etc and most managerial reigns end badly simply because they have taken a club as far as they can. I think most supporters of lower division clubs accept the cyclical nature of their club's fortunes and don't expect miracles, just for their club to compete to the best of their ability... However, with Southend, the catastrophic decline over the past two years surely goes deeper than the usual explanations. The way things are going (and despite the managerial changes there is the stark reminder looking at the league table that nothing has really changed) we are heading out of league 1 with a fair chance of setting a new low in statistical terms. I have serious doubts that a rookie manager, (despite his own iron clad self esteem) has the ability to turn this around. I really hope I am wrong. At my advanced age I am running out of time to see an upturn!

Back