• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HMRC Hearing 22nd July 2020 - Fast Approaching!

CaptainSmudger

The Official Southend United Pilot⭐
Sorry to remind everybody, but Dear Old Ron has got to dream up some more excuses very soon now!
Any comments please. :Thumbs down::Scared::Angry Mob:

I'm expecting this to be dismissed, it seems like things are going on behind the scenes with the new stadium.

What's your thoughts mate. To be paid at last minute? If he has the money why has it not been paid yet ? Sob story on the day with another adjournment?
Will we be ok or are those last minute pay outs pushing on lucks door finally?

Will he get Judge Leslie Crowther and be told "The price is right", or will he be up against Judge Jerry Maguire and be told to "Show Me the Money"

:Unsure:

What's your thoughts mate. To be paid at last minute? If he has the money why has it not been paid yet ? Sob story on the day with another adjournment?
Will we be ok or are those last minute pay outs pushing on lucks door finally?

Will he get Judge Leslie Crowther and be told "The price is right", or will he be up against Judge Jerry Maguire and be told to "Show Me the Money"

:Unsure:
If I reply on empirical evidence then I believe once again Ron will raise the necessary and we will move on. I'm reasonably hopeful this time as he's already played the postponed game and he also needs to have something to offer a prospective new manager. If you remember, last time, with Henrik, debts were mysteriously settled (didn't help in the end, but there you go). And we can't wriggle out of embargo unless this debt is sort. I also think that HMRC will wait no longer.

If I reply on empirical evidence then I believe once again Ron will raise the necessary and we will move on. I'm reasonably hopeful this time as he's already played the postponed game and he also needs to have something to offer a prospective new manager. If you remember, last time, with Henrik, debts were mysteriously settled (didn't help in the end, but there you go). And we can't wriggle out of embargo unless this debt is sort. I also think that HMRC will wait no longer.

I agree and it's a big hurdle we need to deal with. If they start games on September 12th and most people in the know think they will, That leaves us less than 8 weeks to find a manager, get a few players in, do some training, have a pre-season, sell some shirts, sell some season tickets ......... you get my drift.
With regards to the original amount, I am presuming (maybe naively) that there are payments built up on top of the £600k originally quoted, if that is the case then I dread to think what our debts are now, specifically to the HMRC

The money could have been paid already.
HRMC would be unlikely to comment.
The case is "open" listed at court and so like every other case needs to be formally dismissed, by the court.
Ron has been fairly close lipped for a few years and is also unlikely to make comment.
The FA have no intention of commenting until it is formally dealt with.

Umbongo is, at present, pointless as we have no manager or CEO or pressing negotiating to do.

Are we likely to hear something officially from the club after the meeting?
How does this normally play out?

Are we likely to hear something officially from the club after the meeting?
How does this normally play out?

Someone on twitter tweets something saying the hearing was dismissed/postponed and Chris Phillips will then retweet that. Ron acts like it was all a formality and not something worth troubling fans with.

That’s hasn’t been said, that’s an assumption. Do we have anything to back that up?

Ron's quote. That we didn't register Osadebe and Vassell.

I think we're at the stage where the working assumption is that we are under an embargo unless proved otherwise.

Ron's quote. That we didn't register Osadebe and Vassell.

I think we're at the stage where the working assumption is that we are under an embargo unless proved otherwise.

But is that still the case with the case being adjourned?

But is that still the case with the case being adjourned?

Why wouldn't it be? If HMRC had been paid they'd have withdrawn but instead we had an adjournment. That tells us the money was still outstanding.

Back