• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is a big game. Is there a souvenir t-shirt we can get?

This time martin luck will run out i do fear for us blues,game over has the courts have had enough

Oh come on guys/gals - how many times have we been done this road?
Nope I strongly suspect the monies due will be paid before or directly on the day as per usual as sometimes RM believes he is above everything else including the law.
What does concern me is that is the bill is paid at the other expense of what? and if it is at the expense of paying the players then we are yet again on that road. when we are so close to the end of the season and every game is important and requires them to be focused (OK last night excepted)

Ooops having a blonde moment there with my grammer - apologies :blush:

What baffles me a little is why we're seemingly struggling particularly this month.

Now, I know the financial picture on the whole is far from rosy, but why now are we struggling with an unpaid tax bill for (I believe) the first time this season when, since December, we have received the following extra income:

- 2 x FA Cup prize money
- 5 x FA Cup fixtures (shared gate receipts)
- A 9,000 JPT crowd vs Orient
- 2 x Live televised fixtures (I've been told we receive a TV Fee for both ties)
- Income from JPT Final tickets 'handling fees'
- Plus, I believe, a sum from Scunthorpe following Celtic's progress in Champions League

This time martin luck will run out i do fear for us blues,game over has the courts have had enough

That would make no sense with the money we are going to be making from Wembley.

Ron said it would be paid as part of normal operations, and with the money we have taken recently for once I believe him, even if I wouldnt class it as being normal....

What baffles me a little is why we're seemingly struggling particularly this month.

Now, I know the financial picture on the whole is far from rosy, but why now are we struggling with an unpaid tax bill for (I believe) the first time this season when, since December, we have received the following extra income:

- 2 x FA Cup prize money
- 2 x Live televised fixtures (I've been told we receive a TV Fee for both ties)
- Plus, I believe, a sum from Scunthorpe following Celtic's progress in Champions League

This would have arisen from before all the money came in from those games.

We dont get anything from the TV games either.

This would have arisen from before all the money came in from those games.

We dont get anything from the TV games either.

Some would be after the Winding-Up Order, but don't excuse it not having been paid by now.

Definitely get a TV-fee, as confirmed by a senior member of the Club management (Not RM!).

Some would be after the Winding-Up Order, but don't excuse it not having been paid by now.

Definitely get a TV-fee, as confirmed by a senior member of the Club management (Not RM!).

We don't know if it's been paid or not. Once the winding up order has been set in motion, the Club have to appear in court regardless of whether they have subsequently settled the bill. If they have, HMRC's Legals then confirm it has been paid, and withdraw their application.

We don't know if it's been paid or not. Once the winding up order has been set in motion, the Club have to appear in court regardless of whether they have subsequently settled the bill. If they have, HMRC's Legals then confirm it has been paid, and withdraw their application.

Yup.

And with football clubs it is NEVER as black and white as Smiffys option 3. Portsmouth are living proof of that.

With the prospect of a year when we will actually break even or even turn a small profit and Fossetts Farm inching ever closer, it would be sheer madness to close the club down at this stage.

I suspect it's already been paid anyway, both sides will turn up and go away again.

Match abandoned.

Yup.

And with football clubs it is NEVER as black and white as Smiffys option 3. Portsmouth are living proof of that.

With the prospect of a year when we will actually break even or even turn a small profit and Fossetts Farm inching ever closer, it would be sheer madness to close the club down at this stage.

I suspect it's already been paid anyway, both sides will turn up and go away again.

Match abandoned.

Of course it has/will be paid.

Rob peter to pay Paul. And the whole process begins again.

Of course it has/will be paid.

Rob peter to pay Paul. And the whole process begins again.

Agreed it is the only way he can survive, but:

pay the piperFig. to face the results of one's actions; to receive punishment for something. You can put off paying your debts only so long. Eventually you'll have to pay the piper. You can't get away with that forever. You'll have to pay the piper someday.

- 2 x FA Cup prize money

I know. I'm pretty certain there will still be a Southend United after Monday but it's really bad news if we have cashflow problems now because with all the cup games, Wembley tickets, seasontickets etc this should be the best time of year for cashflow. If we're struggling now what's going to happen in July when we have no income?

Think I might pop along on Monday to give RM some advice on communicating with the fans and the lack of. You never know he may just go there.

And how about we set up a RONCAM group that follows him wherever he goes? Cleaners, bouffonterers, Sainsbury Local.

As FBM said, Pompey are hanging on by a thread, Coventry face administration, Accrington failed to pay their players this week etc. A vast majority of clubs outside the Prem are robbing Peter to pay Paul and, believe me, when one club goes under the domino effect will begin.....it's been emotional.

People need a reality check. I imagine most clubs in league 1 & 2 without a rich benefactor are really struggling, especially this season with an overall dip in attendances. From what I understand the HRMC issue arose at the end of January when we had virtually no match day income during the month.
having said that, I did think we were supposed to be living at little more within our means this season, but with the amount of players we have or have had during the season so far is doesn't seem to be the case.

As FBM said, Pompey are hanging on by a thread, Coventry face administration, Accrington failed to pay their players this week etc. A vast majority of clubs outside the Prem are robbing Peter to pay Paul and, believe me, when one club goes under the domino effect will begin.....it's been emotional.

Most football clubs are run this way. They only survive due to the owner putting cash in and moving cash about. Some are more successful than others.

Serious question.

Does anyone believe Ron is happy running the club this way? Do you not think he'd rather not have to rob Peter to pay Paul?

Back