• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Just a reminder we are up in the High Court again on Monday morning, for another unpaid Tax bill. "Rumoured" to be around the £150,000 mark.

Will Ron magic another rabbit out of a hat?... Or have we used up all of our lives?...

Publication Date: Monday, 18 February 2013
Notice Code: 2450
Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division) Companies Court No 771 of 2013

In the Matter of SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED (THE)
(Company Number 00089767) and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company, Registration Number 00089767, of Torrington House, 47 Holywell Hill, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 1HD, principal trading address at Roots Hall Stadium, Victoria Avenue, Southend on Sea, SS2 6NQ, presented on 4 February 2013 by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, of Bush House, Strand, London WC2B 4RD, claiming to be Creditors of the Company, will be heard at the Royal Courts of Justice, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1NL, on 18 March 2013, at 1030 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any persons intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioners or to their Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on 15 March 2013.

The Petitioners’ Solicitor is the Solicitor to HM Revenue and Customs, Solicitor’s Office, South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London WC2B 4RD, telephone 020 7438 6884. (Ref SLR 837705/W.)

You'd hope two successive home games, early season ticket sales and Wembley merch sales would be enough to see us through. I wonder who's not being paid as a result of the taxman getting his money though.

Just a reminder we are up in the High Court again on Monday morning, for another unpaid Tax bill. "Rumoured" to be around the £150,000 mark.

Will Ron magic another rabbit out of a hat?... Or have we used up all of our lives?...

No problem. We've banked over twice that from Wembley ticket sales; we can just dip into that (for now).

No problem. We've banked over twice that from Wembley ticket sales; we can just dip into that (for now).

I'm sure Wembley/FL will be happy with that! :hilarious:

Perhaps we have already "borrowed" from that to pay players/staff?

I'm sure Wembley/FL will be happy with that! :hilarious:

Perhaps we have already "borrowed" from that to pay players/staff?

Didn't look like it, the way they played last night.

I know HMRC are a strong outfit , but at least it's an away match , so expect us to put up a fight

I know HMRC are a strong outfit , but at least it's an away match , so expect us to put up a fight

Is it though?

The amount of times we have visited the High Court, you could argue it is a home game?!

Gulp :stunned:

I'm predicting HMRC 0 - 3 SUFC (Martin hat-trick).

Ron pulls the rabbit out of the hat......yet again:winking:

Starting line up?

Warchest

Wonga.com, Paydaypig.com, Quickquid.com, Wembley Merchandise.

Wembley Tickets, Director Loan, Bank loan, AFC Wombles/Torquay Tickets.

Bank of Sainsbury, Back of Rons Sofa.

Is it though?

The amount of times we have visited the High Court, you could argue it is a home game?!

Gulp :stunned:

Well lets pray we havent has this judge before as I know how anal judges get if and when they see the same names pop up (lost a few cases at work due to this)

Starting line up?

Warchest

I have to agree that's a strong line up , but think L'Oreal can count himself unlucky to be left out

So what are the options?

1. We pay in full, no further action taken. But card marked AGAIN.

2. We are given an Administration Order. CVA agreed. 10 Points docked this season, which would leave us 7 points above the drop zone.

3. We are given a Winding Up Order. Liquidated. The end of SUFC as we know it.

Starting line up?

Warchest

I think a sub appearance of not paying the players will come on late on and grab us the win.

So what are the options?

1. We pay in full, no further action taken.

2. We are given an Administration Order. CVA agreed. 10 Points docked this season, which would leave us 7 points above the drop zone.

3. We are given a Winding Up Order. Liquidated. The end of SUFC as we know it.

Option 2 would make the next two games against the Devon teams relegation 6 pointers.

Back