• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be negative here, at all. Just wondering does anyone know if we have paid HMRC up to date including what we owe month to month currently or have just cleared the debt owed towards the time to pay agreement?

As far as I can tell we have only paid the cash owed related to the Winding Up Petition.

Club states "Club can confirm the monies owed to HMRC, under the Petition, have been paid in full."

Nothing about being up to date.with HMRC

As far as I can tell we have only paid the cash owed related to the Winding Up Petition.

Club states "Club can confirm the monies owed to HMRC, under the Petition, have been paid in full."

Nothing about being up to date.with HMRC
There definitely seems to be more to this than meets the eye. @Dubai and one or two other posters have hinted as much in recent weeks.
Maybe someone other than Ron will be clearing the remaining debts....

Well, if you take the statement as gospel...

"The Club can confirm the monies owed to HMRC, under the Petition, have been paid in full."
Indeed- what else would he pay to get it dismissed. Once that is done no doubt other debts will be addressed. What we need is another statement over the next few days- meanwhile after tonight’s results win Friday and we are 4th

Whilst I agree that some of their social media posts have been bizarre, I don’t want to see the back of them, and I think you’d be daft to wish this.

They have gone above and beyond their role as a sponsor in the ways they’ve helped out. Obviously, publicly, they matched the Shrimpers Trust loan to the Club (£40k was it?), they also stuck money behind the bar on what was going to be our last ever home match if tomorrow went tits up.

Behind the scenes, £40k (if that figure is right, I can’t remember), is just the tip of the iceberg of money they’ve put into the Club, the help they’ve provided, and the other bits and pieces.

They deserve a lot more respect than what some fans are giving them for a few social media posts…
Seen an awful lot of gushing over Callum Powell and Harry Cardwell this season. Noor Husin very recently too.

Without PG Site Services financial help, we may not have been.

Been constantly cautious of IR35 for the last few years with my consultancy contracts. Majority of firms I deal with now only take you under via 'umbrella' companies or as a temp paye employee. Neither of which is financially attractive. I don't want sick pay, holiday pay or employee benefits. I prefer being my own limited company like many colleagues. But it's now become virtually impossible under current tax rules and IR35 regs to benefit from taking the risk and responsibility of being your own boss.
Unless you're an MP and claim for everything normal people cant!
I know how you feel @Barry.C .
Will be closing my limited company and deregistering for vat this year. It's pointless now. There's no incentive to be a small business anymore
Spot on and ridiculous, by HMRC especially given all the individual effort involved to run your own small business. There was a big push to force people to become employed, I was virtually told how lucky I was to be given an employee status,, although was working on other self employed contracts at the time. I I never wanted or sought to be employed, struggling to be independent and keep my Company afloat. It certainly buggered up my tax returns too for a while, given I produced them myself after some years of practice

Very best wishes and cred to you though for giving it your best !!

This thread has been running through the various stages of the 'Final Countdown' and before, and at 166 pages and over 3000 posts it has reached a finale. Thanks for all the contributions, and before anyone asks, any decision from the High Court today will be posted elsewhere.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back