• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first reaction to that statement was "is that it?"

Obviously people are very worried about whether the bridging loan will materialise, as you are peering over the edge of an abyss if it doesn't. But even if it does, the interest owing on it is likely to be punitive, isn't it? It could leave the club's ability to compete hamstrung for a generation. Not a happy situation, especially if he gets his way on redevelopment, and decides to cut you loose.

As someone who has no sentimental affiliation to past players, I also feel that if Collymore has some specific reassurance to offer he should do so, instead of speaking in riddles.

I love the use of passive language in the statement though. The bit blaming the funding gap in part on successive relegations (as though they had nothing to do with him) is classic.

I'm worried about you. Really worried. You deserve better than being at the mercy of a chancer like this.

The I know something but won't tell is ****ing irritating. Just say it or don't bother.
You’d rather know nothing at all and read so much negativity, than a few snippets of positivity indicating the coast is almost clear 🕺 ? #gameonRonnyBoy

Meaning what?
He remembered that he took the Eastwood money and bought Bitcoin shortly after it first launched in 2009 at a price of $0.06 a share. He stored it on an old hard drive which got thrown out by the cleaner and he has been hunting for it ever since.

Finally managed to locate it and his shares are now worth $18,693.61 each.

Front page of the BBC

1674745092069.png

You’d rather know nothing at all and read so much negativity, than a few snippets of positivity indicating the coast is almost clear 🕺 ? #gameonRonnyBoy
I think it's more that some posts can be cryptic and therefore negative connotations are assumed because the original poster hasn't stated if it's positive or negative. Most of us are going to assume it's negative when it's related to Southend, Ron and our finances.

He remembered that he took the Eastwood money and bought Bitcoin shortly after it first launched in 2009 at a price of $0.06 a share. He stored it on an old hard drive which got thrown out by the cleaner and he has been hunting for it ever since.

Front page of the BBC

View attachment 24434
This is fantastic. You can even see in his eyes that he is thinking "I am the richest man in the world. The stadium will start to make progress in spring.

I think it's more that some posts can be cryptic and therefore negative connotations are assumed because the original poster hasn't stated if it's positive or negative. Most of us are going to assume it's negative when it's related to Southend, Ron and our finances.
It’s less Cryptic, more people sharing what they can legally/comfortable sharing with to give people a little hope the it’s not gonna end next month.

It’s not, so maybe people can move on with hope in their heart.

Annoying how Scunthorpe get bought gills get bought and we’re stuck with ron let’s be honest no one can afford us :(

I can't help but bask in the warm glow of togetherness. United we stand.. All for one... Friends to the end...cough, splutter.

I know what you don't... I'm a bigger fan than you... My mates hairdresser told me..

If the club did fold there would be umpteen phoenix clubs all insisting they are the Real SUFC. You could not make it up

Annoying how Scunthorpe get bought gills get bought and we’re stuck with ron let’s be honest no one can afford us :(
They aren't moving to a new stadium. Same as property really, anyone can buy a s**t hole in the worst road......But then they have to live there for years.

Front page of the BBC

View attachment 24434
I'm a pedant so I have to comment. Bitcoin is a currency, not stock, so you don't own shares. You own bitcoins and satoshis in the same way you own pounds and pence. This is all fake news though unfortunately as I heard Ron invested the warchest in luna 😔

It’s less Cryptic, more people sharing what they can legally/comfortable sharing with to give people a little hope the it’s not gonna end next month.

It’s not, so maybe people can move on with hope in their heart.
Don't get me wrong, on a personal note, I am all for the positive vibes and I'm hanging on to everyone I read or hear. I've always been a glass half-full type poster. I posted the other day about looking at the positives and how the judge must have had concrete evidence of impending finance, hence the adjournment.

However, his statement was most odd. It was the most unronesque type of statement I had ever read. It seemed a strange time to change tact when there is a potential oblivion on the horizon. Enhancing further unnecessary doubt with such a statement is ridiculous on his part. Fans needed assurance and clarity. They got neither, so you can see why the few positive posts on here are getting drowned out or not believed.

I'm still living in hope.

Based on what I have been told this afternoon the tax bill may not be a problem for Ron in the next weeks.

This can be read two ways. The bridging finance will be through within the next four weeks and 6 days or alternatively the club has been wound up so RM will not have to worry about the tax.

If it is the former, let's hope that it is not the few works mentioned in October which has turned into a few months.

This can be read two ways. The bridging finance will be through within the next four weeks and 6 days or alternatively the club has been wound up so RM will not have to worry about the tax.

If it is the former, let's hope that it is not the few works mentioned in October which has turned into a few months.
The lack of obvious alarm from the few ‘in the know’ posters, several of whom have been pretty reliable with inside info or hints about imminent news, suggests to me it’s not that the club has been wound up. Then again, desperate people cling to any available straw so Shrimpet would probably say I’ve got my rose tinted specs on and am talking claptrap! He’s not often right, but he might be there :Happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back