• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is that none of us know what’s happening, other members of the board are treated like mushrooms so they have little or no knowledge.
Serious question, what is the point/advantage of being a board member, when supposedly you don't have a say in what's going on?.
Surely none of them continue to put money into the club?.

Serious question, what is the point/advantage of being a board member, when supposedly you don't have a say in what's going on?.
Surely none of them continue to put money into the club?.
The other invisible members of the board have all been there as long as I can remember - and for what?

The foxes that occasionally get on the pitch have made a bigger impact on the club than those folks who seem to me to be nothing more than a name in the matchday programme and some custom (gratis, I’m sure) for the matchday hospitality.

Like Putin’s henchmen they only seem to be there to soak up the perks and present an image of normal governance at the club.

What comes to mind right now.

If my house is not for sale, but someone knocks on my door and asks… I would say for the right price.

Why RM won’t even engage in a 30 minute conversation with Carl only god knows, if you ask me. What harm is it actually going to do?

Surely something not for sale, is more profitable to sell than something that is?

The other invisible members of the board have all been there as long as I can remember - and for what?

The foxes that occasionally get on the pitch have made a bigger impact on the club than those folks who seem to me to be nothing more than a name in the matchday programme and some custom (gratis, I’m sure) for the matchday hospitality.

Like Putin’s henchmen they only seem to be there to soak up the perks and present an image of normal governance at the club.
Sorry but this post is so very wrong in every aspect.

What comes to mind right now.

If my house is not for sale, but someone knocks on my door and asks… I would say for the right price.

Why RM won’t even engage in a 30 minute conversation with Carl only god knows, if you ask me. What harm is it actually going to do?

Surely something not for sale, is more profitable to sell than something that is?
Pure stubbornness. He's come this far and wants his precious rewards all for himself.

Gollum comes to mind.

Only protests will get rid of rm. aside from that he will sell when he wants or needs.

It’s whether fans are up for protesting that is the big question.

Pure stubbornness. He's come this far and wants his precious rewards all for himself.

Gollum comes to mind.
From his view it’s his club and he wants maximum profits. It’s a gamble not to sell as it would make him incredibly rich with little further effort if he sold now.

Who knows what’s going to happen. Nothing we can do.

The only thing supporters can’t do is protest.

Carl Reader has now backed out of his attempted at buying SUFC

I know Carl personally as a friend for many years, The guy has been tirelessly trying to talk to the club and get them to engage but no luck.

This is what we are dealing with this is Ron ****ing Martin
I hate Martin as much as the next guy but why would he sell if he thinks his pot of gold is close he’d want well more than 100 million to clear everything and the property to surely

I hate Martin as much as the next guy but why would he sell if he thinks his pot of gold is close he’d want well more than 100 million to clear everything and the property to surely
He may not sell but he won’t even entertain an outside investment that could save and stabilise the club!
Ron Martin risking it all to make it all his is what the whole problem is! Our clubs future is being gambled

I know Carl personally as a friend for many years, The guy has been tirelessly trying to talk to the club and get them to engage but no luck.

Ron’s up s-it creek without a paddle and now decides to sink his 🛶 canoe.

As I said, only protests will get rid of Ron. He’s not selling till then

Walk away with a pot of 100M, in the bank, no stress, no abuse, no protesting, no nothing? Would you not go to work for a day if they was going to pay you 3x what you pay to stay at home?

Up until this point, I'd have agreed with you. But there is every chance that he's finally reached the stage where selling a slice of the cake or selling everything is his only option. If he can't get that money in place in time for HMRC, then he has a decision to make. Continue along the path of pig-headed egotism and inadvertently let the club die, or push his pride to the side and admit that the only way he can get it done is by seeking help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back