• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Carl / Monacan pension fund have pulled out, can we know what their plans were?

Because apart from everyone saying, 'He's a great guy, I knew him from school', nothing was ever said...
It wasn’t Monacan. But was a pension fund!

Snippets from filming will go out over weekend, and explain what he was going to do!

If SUFC goes under could it be the domino that unravels Ron's whole business "empire"?. That empire clearly doesn't have a penny to its name. The whole empire gets liquidated and it's assets are sold to the highest bidder. The monies raised get allocated to his creditors at pennies in the pound and the debts are written off. We find ourselves with new owners and debt free. If this scenario is possible then I can understand why potential new owners might want to sit on their hands for now. They might be able to pick up the parts of the empire that they want at less than Ron is currently prepared to sell at. Just at thought.

Last edited:
No it shouldn't have done, I think the final installment would just have been due to his estate, of which his children were probably executors.
They weren't.

And to be honest, if the shares weren't fully paid for, Vic should never have authorised the transfer of them, or if he did, someone should have done something about it long before now.

They weren't.

And to be honest, if the shares weren't fully paid for, Vic should never have authorised the transfer of them, or if he did, someone should have done something about it long before now.
Well his son told me that he had and has some power/say over his dad's estate, so my apologies if the horse's mouth was wrong.

Call me naive but is there a chance that Carl pulling out is because something or someone else is lined up. What with Stan’s comment yesterday and then Carls news tonight the timings seem either odd or linked in some way. Why has Carl pulled out when if we went into Admin he could offer to buy the club. Is that how it could work? In no way critical of Carl, we should be grateful for all he tried to do, but why pull out now after all that hard work?

£100 million? Is that a real figure? I thought I heard reports that Ron had mentioned £100 million but assumed that was a joke figure. Is that what the development is worth? Has there been any rumoured offers in that region?

It wasn’t Monacan. But was a pension fund!

Snippets from filming will go out over weekend, and explain what he was going to do!
Where will these snippets land (YouTube, Netflix, terrestrial TV etc) and when will the documentary air?

Call me naive but is there a chance that Carl pulling out is because something or someone else is lined up. What with Stan’s comment yesterday and then Carls news tonight the timings seem either odd or linked in some way. Why has Carl pulled out when if we went into Admin he could offer to buy the club. Is that how it could work? In no way critical of Carl, we should be grateful for all he tried to do, but why pull out now after all that hard work?
Who knows, but what I do know is Carl has now offered his help where he can to support an alternative buyer or investor as well as helping us at SOS

Where will these snippets land (YouTube, Netflix, terrestrial TV etc) and when will the documentary air?
On my personal Instagram (snippets, reels) and as we build up to completing 2 final interviews tomorrow… editing and out by Tuesday all being well!

I know as much as everyone else about whether someone else is lined up, tbh and no co-ordination or link to any comments from Stan. I'd be absolutely delighted if another purchaser got further than us - genuinely. I want a club for my kids to take their future kids to.

Realistically, buying the club alone out of administration (or in fact, alone and not in administration) is a non starter as you can't control the rent charged at RH, the facilities that will be built, rent charged in future, nor any ridiculous demands over strips of land that might be needed for access etc (similar to the issues seen at Portsmouth). The assets were stripped out a long time ago without benevolence back in a time of hope for the future, what would make us think there'd be any benevolence now?

I know as much as everyone else about whether someone else is lined up, tbh and no co-ordination or link to any comments from Stan. I'd be absolutely delighted if another purchaser got further than us - genuinely. I want a club for my kids to take their future kids to.

Realistically, buying the club alone out of administration (or in fact, alone and not in administration) is a non starter as you can't control the rent charged at RH, the facilities that will be built, rent charged in future, nor any ridiculous demands over strips of land that might be needed for access etc (similar to the issues seen at Portsmouth). The assets were stripped out a long time ago without benevolence back in a time of hope for the future, what would make us think there'd be any benevolence now?
Thanks Carl, much appreciated mate. Fingers crossed

The only way to get rid of rm is protests.

Aside from than that he will sell when he wants to sell. No discussions will change this unless more people decide protest is the way forward
Protest all you like ,hes not going anywhere at present. He will go when hes good and ready or when he gets the deal he wants .other from that a decent payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back