• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regrettably no.
This is not the winding up.
It’s the striking off for not filing accounts. Presumably they have now been filed.
It also doesn’t mean the accounts have been filed, it just means Companies House have accepted the company shouldn’t be struck off the register. The accounts would most likely be showing on Companies House by now if they’d been filed, it doesn’t take long after filing for them to appear.

Reactions: JD
You are correct.
But most limited companies will need to complete an external audit once they meet any of the two following criteria: Their turnover is more than £10.2 million. They have total assets totally over £5.1 million. They have more than 50 employees in the business.
So probably audit fees as he has an FD
Good points. You seem to know a lot more than me in this 😀

It also doesn’t mean the accounts have been filed, it just means Companies House have accepted the company shouldn’t be struck off the register. The accounts would most likely be showing on Companies House by now if they’d been filed, it doesn’t take long after filing for them to appear.
Hmm..let’s see. The original striking off action was non filing of accounts. The suspension was due to a creditor objection (HMRC). Now it’s discontinued. Nothing to do with objector- they don’t care as long as the company isn’t struck off. It’s now 10 days for the document to be processed.

This clears it up - not.

Status of SUFC still says accounts overdue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230204_071810_com.microsoft.office.officehubrow.jpg
    Screenshot_20230204_071810_com.microsoft.office.officehubrow.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 73
This clears it up - not.

Status of SUFC still says accounts overdue
I think all the club has to provide is proof that it’s still trading to have striking off action discontinued by Companies House, it’s not really a significant change. It’s unlikely the accounts were filed, but are still not appearing on the website.

I think all the club has to provide is proof that it’s still trading to have striking off action discontinued by Companies House, it’s not really a significant change. It’s unlikely the accounts were filed, but are still not appearing on the website.

Yeah - I think when the original strike off notice was posted I said it was nothing to worry about as it appeared a routine way to remove companies that had just stopped trading but not informed companies House - but when I looked at Ron's other companies that had the notice as well, I saw that there was a remarkable correlation with accounts being filed and strike offs being removed. At the margin its good news, but doesn't appear to change much with the big one v hmrc

Well I'm not an accountant or have any expertise in company law or strike offs and liquidation but this does not seem to disqualify you from contributing to this thread. It did however occur to me that the flurry of accounts apparently being done might be one of the conditions of any loan. Would you give a penny to an organisation that has many interrelated companies with no recent accounts. I wouldn't. Tom said at the Trust AGM that the filing of accounts was not a priority at this time. This seems to have changed.

Yeah - I think when the original strike off notice was posted I said it was nothing to worry about as it appeared a routine way to remove companies that had just stopped trading but not informed companies House - but when I looked at Ron's other companies that had the notice as well, I saw that there was a remarkable correlation with accounts being filed and strike offs being removed. At the margin its good news, but doesn't appear to change much with the big one v hmrc
Yes accounts being filed is a common way to get the strike off action discontinued, but not the only way. Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) being one example where strike off action was discontinued in September 21 but no accounts were filed until April 22.

I have filed accounts to Companies House before and they take minutes to appear. SUFC’s accounts are bigger, so it may take a little longer, but it seems odd it would take this long if they had indeed been filed.

The only other thing I can think of is that we have provided evidence the accounts will be signed off and filed in due course.

Yes accounts being filed is a common way to get the strike off action discontinued, but not the only way. Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) being one example where strike off action was discontinued in September 21 but no accounts were filed until April 22.

I have filed accounts to Companies House before and they take minutes to appear. SUFC’s accounts are bigger, so it may take a little longer, but it seems odd it would take this long if they had indeed been filed.

The only other thing I can think of is that we have provided evidence the accounts will be signed off and filed in due course.
You could well be right. The information provided in the notices is minimal to say the least.

Last edited:
I would like to see no ‘Martin Out’ chants in the ground once the warmup begins through to the final whistle. I would however like to see an organized march along Vic Avenue to Roots Hall in big numbers and our United fanbase together (not fractured supporter groups) utilizing every contact at every media outlet at our disposal that will listen, to bring light to the situation to create maximum exposure. Ex players, ex managers, other high profile individuals on radio, tv and online to send this viral. Given the severity and how long it has been ongoing we should be giving this man absolute hell until the pressure becomes unbearable and he relents. Sounds harsh but enough is enough. We have to collectively turn up the heat to affect change, no more pussyfooting around.

Last edited:
please tell everyone if ron goes today who will be running the club monday morning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back