• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really conscise article in today's daily Mail paper. Football pull out.
Paints a bleak picture.
Looking at the full situation in print makes me very uneasy.

Agreed,but it's good to have this publicised at national level. The Sun have printed an article too. You never know who might pick up on this. Are you watching, Tom Hanks......?

I honestly don't think we will hear anything until either 28th February or 1st March 2023.
And rightly so (I think...?) as what could be said that hasn't already.

The loan will be reported as "close to being sorted" until they decide to draw down on it...which will be the same day/day before we go to court.

I understand everything is finalized, but it won't be drawn down until as late as possible ...which makes financial sense (as much as everyone - me included - hates it!).

And rightly so (I think...?) as what could be said that hasn't already.

The loan will be reported as "close to being sorted" until they decide to draw down on it...which will be the same day/day before we go to court.

I understand everything is finalized, but it won't be drawn down until as late as possible ...which makes financial sense (as much as everyone - me included - hates it!).
Hopefully you're spot on. In my heart of hearts, foolishly or not, I've never believed that March 1st would herald the end of our beloved Southend United. The FF project has now advanced too far to falter and for all his failings I believe RM has powerful allies who will help see the project through to fruition. That said, I'm sad, annoyed and embarrassed the name of club has been dragged through the mud in order to achieve that goal.

Ron Martin's companies

Martin Dawn (Plymouth) Ltd
Martin Dawn (E.A) Limited
Martin Dawn Plc
R. Martin Developments Limited

Are facing Winding Up Petitions brought by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, at the The Rolls Building, Court 1, in front of Judge Jones at 11.30am on the 8th February 2023.

Martin Dawn Winding Up Partitions.png

Full List

List

Venue: Court 1, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1NL

The_Rolls_Building,_Royal_Courts_of_Justice.jpg

Court 1.jpg

Weather Forecast at Venue

Court 1.png

You’re not suggesting the documentary, the Carl bid and the Martin Out banner are all connected? Are you?
Carl had no part in my documentary at all! And the interview I filmed with him, has also not been used. Carl rebuffed my approach for an interview for the first 7-10 days which I am happy to share screenshots of, if you wish to see them.

Carl had no part in my documentary at all! And the interview I filmed with him, has also not been used. Carl rebuffed my approach for an interview for the first 7-10 days which I am happy to share screenshots of, if you wish to see them.
What's the reason for this? I thought it was going to be included?

Ron Martin's companies

Martin Dawn (Plymouth) Ltd
Martin Dawn (E.A) Limited
Martin Dawn Plc
R. Martin Developments Limited

Are facing Winding Up Petitions brought by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, at the The Rolls Building, Court 1, in front of Judge Jones at 11.30am on the 8th February 2023.

View attachment 24656

Full List

List

Venue: Court 1, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1NL

View attachment 24657

View attachment 24658

Weather Forecast at Venue

View attachment 24659

Interesting to note from the supporters meeting video that Ron is claiming these debts were paid years ago, and aren't due, although it seemed odd that the expectation was for an adjournment rather than dismissal?

Interesting to note from the supporters meeting video that Ron is claiming these debts were paid years ago, and aren't due, although it seemed odd that the expectation was for an adjournment rather than dismissal?
Worth remembering I think it may be one of the subsidiaries that was pursued re. the VAT "fraud" that turned out be non-existent and without a shred of evidence. Of course we will see (the outcome may be interesting as it may shed some light on funds even if it doesn't affect any companies related to the development or the club)

And why would we have any reason not to believe Ron, I’m sure what he’s saying is true 🤪

Wouldn't worry about screen shots mate.

Just maybe share:

The clips you mentioned
Or
The interview you mentioned
Or
The press coverage you mentioned

I thought they said they hoped they would all be adjourned so the matter of the alleged debt could be looked into?

Just clicked on the Vanarama National League page for Southend Utd. They're a bit premature aren't they? PS what a shocking excuse for a league site it is.1675789555651.png

I did hear yesterday from one the guys at St John who attends the games in his role that unless they pay what is owed this Saturday will be the last St John’s will be present at the games
not sure where that will leave us with no cover
yikes. Any plans to fix this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back