• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread HMRC v SUFC - FINAL hearing on 1st March. DISMISSED

Outcome of HMRC court case 1 March

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJC

Muppet⭐
With the court case due on the 18th, what is the consensus on here for the outcome? I suspect adjourned again and stay under umbongo.

You are nowhere near the position Orient were in back in 2017, and we kept getting lifelines. You'll be fine.
I think Ron has got too much riding on it to allow us to go to the wall, but it's a matter of can he muster the funds to get us out of it. Sailing very closely to the wind though.
As long as HMRC believe there is a good chance we will pay it sometime, it's in their interest to adjourn for now.

You are nowhere near the position Orient were in back in 2017, and we kept getting lifelines. You'll be fine.
Agreed. Ron always manages it. No idea why he loves the drama but can’t see any other outcome that how it usually goes

I think Ron has got too much riding on it to allow us to go to the wall, but it's a matter of can he muster the funds to get us out of it. Sailing very closely to the wind though.
As long as HMRC believe there is a good chance we will pay it sometime, it's in their interest to adjourn for now.
But that’s Ron. He could well have the money but he seems to love the cat and mouse. No point speculating but I’m sure it will all be ok in this regard

But that’s Ron. He could well have the money but he seems to love the cat and mouse. No point speculating but I’m sure it will all be ok in this regard
because paying it off last minute at this stage is the best thing to do. paying it off earlier during the embargo would have no impact as we would need to wait for the court date to remove this anyway. Obviously it would be best to pay off before the initial court date in the first instance but thats not happened here. 1 week to wait before we all find out...

I've gone for debt cleared and embargo lifted.

But what I think may happen is that the debt will be partially cleared, a new payment plan reached and embargo lifted.

I've gone for debt cleared and embargo lifted.

But what I think may happen is that the debt will be partially cleared, a new payment plan reached and embargo lifted.
I am not sure the rules allow a Time to Pay arrangement do they?
It was a TTP arrangement that we defaulted on that lead to this winding up order.
I thought the winding up order is the last resort.
Happy to be corrected though!

Last edited:
Reactions: fbm
because paying it off last minute at this stage is the best thing to do. paying it off earlier during the embargo would have no impact as we would need to wait for the court date to remove this anyway. Obviously it would be best to pay off before the initial court date in the first instance but thats not happened here. 1 week to wait before we all find out...
I’m sure it will be fine. What’s wrong is not paying wages. Hmrc cat and mouse is low down the list of concerns.
’.

Yeah it’s cat and mouse stuff. Not paying wages for me is more important this is just a sideshow

I am not sure the rules allow a Time to Pay arrangement do they?
It was a TTP arrangement that we defaulted on that lead to this winding up order.
I thought the winding up order is the last resort.
Happy to be corrected though!
Govt website suggests TTP's can be adjusted if needed, but considering HMRC went for court action instead of a renegotiated TTP suggests we might be past that. I don't see anything that says you can't agree a new TTP after already having one.

All this chit chat .No one really knows the out come will be on jan the 18th .The only one who really knows is Ron and maybe tom but they are keeping tight liped .Aso its a wait and see that all anyone can do .

My prediction:

Part payment offered and further adjournment agreed (56? Days)

Embargo to remain in place.

Agree, I don’t think we’ll be able to clear the debt prior to the date, but we’ll pay some off and show that funds are coming in the next few days/weeks.

Everything wrapped up and embargo lifted early/mid February is what I heard.

Edit: I should add I hope I’m wrong and it’s settled next week, but I think we’re still a few weeks away from the supposed 8-figure sum landing in the Current Account.

All this chit chat .No one really knows the out come will be on jan the 18th .The only one who really knows is Ron and maybe tom but they are keeping tight liped .Aso its a wait and see that all anyone can do .
They're not being tight lipped! Haven't they both said the payment will be made and embargo lifted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back