• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News HMRC Winding-Up Petition - Wed 17th May 2023 - ADJOURNED TO 12th JULY

Not sure how much more of this I can take, does this idiot not realise he is playing with people’s lives here and their mental health. It might be a money making scheme for him, but this is our club, our passion, our future. I can’t begin to say how much i hate this man and what he has done
I’m actually with you on the fact I can’t take much more

Not overly unusual for a company to have separate accountants and auditors - if anything it's better that way

What I mean is the auditors for the recent accounts submitted today are different to the ones who signed the 2019 and beyond audits.

Also interesting that no going concern issues are noted on the audit report. This either means :-

a) They have robust and corroborative evidence that SEL (Ron) will continue to fund the club for the foreseeable

b) They are pony and just want the audit fee, in exchange for a minimal 'audit', a clean audit report, and no further questions asked!

2022 surely needs to be submitted too? They are late, they were due a month ago yesterday.

What I mean is the auditors for the recent accounts submitted today are different to the ones who signed the 2019 and beyond audits.

Also interesting that no going concern issues are noted on the audit report. This either means :-

a) They have robust and corroborative evidence that SEL (Ron) will continue to fund the club for the foreseeable

b) They are pony and just want the audit fee, in exchange for a minimal 'audit', a clean audit report, and no further questions asked!
Agree that it looks odd - just not a concerning thing.

You would think there would at least some disclosure in relation to going concern. I would assume a). The auditors may also be privvy to some confidential information re the sale that enables them to sign an unqualified audit report.

Isn’t it the other way round and that they are seeking the order so as to be able to pay wages?

I was thinking with court date this morning it'll be too late to get money moving today, if that's correct, then even if money in the account, would be too late to get wages paid today. But who knows?

The odds on B with Ron hand picking them to do a once over and squeeze this in in time for todays deadline seem quite high.

I was thinking with court date this morning it'll be too late to get money moving today, if that's correct, then even if money in the account, would be too late to get wages paid today. But who knows?
Not if we do a Chaps payment, although could be too late in the day, unless it was set up ready to go and just needed a push of a button at the bank.

Back