• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HMS Goodship & Kelman

I think this would be a deadly partnership in L2

Brandon needs regular starts in the # 9 role FROM NOW, i think we have a player here

Kelman is already proving his worth

Robinson, Cox, Hopper & Humphrys, no more

I think this would be a deadly partnership in L2

Brandon needs regular starts in the # 9 role FROM NOW, i think we have a player here

Kelman is already proving his worth

Robinson, Cox, Hopper & Humphrys, no more

They’d get eaten alive by L2 centre halves. They both need someone alongside them (Kelman, for now)/ ahead of them (Goodship, who isn’t a 9 in a million years) to do the dirty work.

Goodship plays best coming in from the left, allegedly. If Macca goes maybe he’ll get a run there. You’re right about those two being too lightweight for L2 @Yorkshire Blue .. we need a big bruiser like Barry Corr up there with lots of experience to help them. I happen to think they’ve both shown potential in a p*ss poor season and we should look to hang on to them. We simply can’t just “play the kids” in L2 as we will get battered. Given the right additions though to help them, we’ve got two prospects there IMHO.

I think we need to avoid overhyping Kelman. He is a good young player but he will have as many bad games as good games at this stage of his career. In my opinion the key to a good season next season is blending our young cohort with three or four experienced heads.

We cannot play those two up front together, too small and lightweight. Nothing would stick.
As two of a front three with a big lump in the middle,yes, they would both score probably 15 each in league two, maybe more.

We cannot play those two up front together, too small and lightweight. Nothing would stick.
As two of a front three with a big lump in the middle,yes, they would both score probably 15 each in league two, maybe more.

Thomson and Jones would beg to differ ,

A decent midfield putting the ball through the defence for the forwards to turn the CBs and run on to . No plan B mind you.......

SOUTHEND United striker Charlie Kelman is keen to kick on after helping to fire the Shrimpers back to winning ways.

More...

Thomson and Jones would beg to differ ,

A decent midfield putting the ball through the defence for the forwards to turn the CBs and run on to . No plan B mind you.......

A while since we've seen any of that.

I really rate Kelman, but what is his contract situation? The player contract thread says he out of contract next year? That’s a worry!

We simply can’t just “play the kids” in L2 as we will get battered.

Well I tend to agree but Crewe are the exception that proves the rule. They are sometimes fielding as many as 9 or 10 young lads who have come up from their academy and they are in the automatics in L2.

Well I tend to agree but Crewe are the exception that proves the rule. They are sometimes fielding as many as 9 or 10 young lads who have come up from their academy and they are in the automatics in L2.
Ours aren’t at that level, sadly. We’ve already seen the likes of Taylor, Bishop and Hutchinson thrown in before they’re ready and it’s not helped them. Hopefully they’ll learn and get better. Kelman is a good young player but we can’t put all the pressure on his shoulders. Elvis .. another player who’s been largely ever present due to circumstance but he’s been exposed big time for his lack of defensive qualities. We have players with potential but they need experienced players in there to help their development. Preferably ones who encourage them and want to be here.

Back