• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HMV into administration

Yep, on payday I used to make my journey up to Oxford Street to waste £££s on vinyl that now sits in a landfill somewhere. Sad news.

And poor old Rons got to stump up 2mio quid to prop up poundsaver and the lucky chinese shop in the highstreet,you couldn't make it up.

Yep, on payday I used to make my journey up to Oxford Street to waste £££s on vinyl that now sits in a landfill somewhere. Sad news.

Mines in the loft. On its side probably. Slowly warping out of shape.

HMV. Meh.

Never got over the loss of Golden Disc in Southend.

Not at all surprised at HMV going though, not really sure its purpose anymore. People download music and movies will go the same way eventually. If I want a CD/DVD in a box will use the internet anyway.

Mines in the loft. On its side probably. Slowly warping out of shape.

HMV. Meh.

Never got over the loss of Golden Disc in Southend.

Not at all surprised at HMV going though, not really sure its purpose anymore. People download music and movies will go the same way eventually. If I want a CD/DVD in a box will use the internet anyway.
Golden disc is still in southend behind wh smiths.

Really couldn't give two ***** about it going to be honest, the moment I could get imported music directly from the record label for less money than HMV wanted (even when factoring in shipping) they served no purpose. Likewise, when they made the vinyl section in Oxford Street the size of a postage stamp it all got a bit boring as well.

I think it's a shame but honestly, don't most people buy CDs and DVDs on-line these days - wouldn't it be a wise move for them to follow Woolworth's example and just be an online trader?

My son has £70 of unspent vouchers for HMV which he received as Christmas gifts. Of course, these are now worthless. I don't know how Deloitte justify this as they have been paid for, it almost amounts to deception or theft. I, therefore, will be going into HMV at lunchtime and will take £70 worth of goods and walk out without paying - surely this is the same thing?

I will also like the Chief Exec of HMV or Deloitte's or whoever makes this decision to write toa ll the children that are now being denied a Christmas present.

I know there are 4,000+ people who have their jobs at threat - but this doesn't affect me; however, I may sympathise for them. What affects me is telling my little boy £70 of his Christmas money has now been stolen.

Isnt that a little shop? Last time I went in there it was just a DVDs/CDs

Thats not THE Golden Disc. Used to be massive where HMV used to be.
you are right ,it's not the same shop that sold me my first 12 inch , Yarborough and peoples don't stop the music!

My son has £70 of unspent vouchers for HMV which he received as Christmas gifts. Of course, these are now worthless. I don't know how Deloitte justify this as they have been paid for, it almost amounts to deception or theft. I, therefore, will be going into HMV at lunchtime and will take £70 worth of goods and walk out without paying - surely this is the same thing?

I will also like the Chief Exec of HMV or Deloitte's or whoever makes this decision to write toa ll the children that are now being denied a Christmas present.

I know there are 4,000+ people who have their jobs at threat - but this doesn't affect me; however, I may sympathise for them. What affects me is telling my little boy £70 of his Christmas money has now been stolen.
Yep for this reason its now very risky buying gift vouchers for any store, sometimes you get a bit of warning and can actually use the gift vouchers but as with Jessops and HMV no chance by the sounds of it.

Went into HMV at lakeside before Christmas and it was very busy, but their pricing policy was all over the place with 4 advertised offers not coming up on the tills.

you are right ,it's not the same shop that sold me my first 12 inch , Yarborough and peoples don't stop the music!

That would have been Harmony along the London Road in Westcliff with the batteries available at all good hardware stores.

I also bought one in there walked along to The Plough and stuck it in a double vodka as I needed a good stiff drink.

If anyone has HMV vouchers unspent, you can get your money back if they were bought with a credit card so suggest you contact the people who have given them to you/your children so they can find out. Hopefully they will then give you the refunded cash instead.

If anyone has HMV vouchers unspent, you can get your money back if they were bought with a credit card so suggest you contact the people who have given them to you/your children so they can find out. Hopefully they will then give you the refunded cash instead.

Can you spend HMV vouchers in any other stores?

Back