• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hold on a minute...

Parents found there were too many wandering round under their feet so school is the best (unpaid) baby sitting service available at such times!

No, why? And I fail to see why someone else has pulled me up on grammar? I know it was early this morning when I typed that reply but I thought the meaning was clear...........:unsure:

1973297-manuel_que.jpg

See rep comment: "Grammar!" .....note to all - this is NOT moaning about rep just not understanding the comment that goes alongside! I thought my grammar was perfectly acceptable...........and the meaning was that I thought there were more children in at Crays Hill since the eviction of Dale Farm because the parents were fed up with them under their feet! Was it too subtle a suggestion?

See rep comment: "Grammar!" .....note to all - this is NOT moaning about rep just not understanding the comment that goes alongside! I thought my grammar was perfectly acceptable...........and the meaning was that I thought there were more children in at Crays Hill since the eviction of Dale Farm because the parents were fed up with them under their feet! Was it too subtle a suggestion?

I feel sorry for you sometimes on here OBL. You seem to make a point, then get pounced on, very unfairly in most cases.

Parents found that there were too many kids wandering round under their feet, so school is the best (unpaid) baby sitting service available at such times!

I think you're missing a 'that' and a comma, hence why I found it a tad confusing!

Parents found that there were too many kids wandering round under their feet, so school is the best (unpaid) baby sitting service available at such times!

I think you're missing a 'that' and a comma, hence why I found it a tad confusing!

Ah!But these things are normally implied in informal speech which is what e-mail writing(on message boards at least) generally aspires to.

:hilarious: I love the way that my grammar is being discussed here, when there are loads of posters who don't seem to be able to master the basics of spelling and grammar!!!

:hilarious: I love the way that my grammar is being discussed here, when there are loads of posters who don't seem to be able to master the basics of spelling and grammar!!!

That's because you should know better :whistling: :winking:

Back