• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holding our own

Yeah i thought we more than matched an improving Bury side.Was good when you think we were missing 2 of our loan players. think a draw was about right.We got a good chance in the replay.

Replay will be interesting ,we haven't turned home advantage into wins to much this season oh for the return of Fortress Roots Hall.

Yeah I thought it was a very even game yesterday and was a nailed on draw from the moment we equalised. It really was a case of "You have a go and then we'll have a go", real end to end stuff. I was convinced that Bury were going to grab a winner and in the second half they did have a lot of possession but I felt that we defended quite well. When we did get the ball we looked quite dangerous.

I personally would have brought Barry Corr on earlier as we were crying out for someone to hit further up the pitch to take the pressure off the defence and when Benyon came on he obviously didn't provide that, although he did do OK. Freddy was disappointing again and is a shadow of the player we once had but I think we all know that. As other posters have said though, the Mitchell Cole news would have hit him pretty hard so hopefully he'll get another chance in the replay.

I was not able to go to the game yesterday so had to settle to listening on the radio and it sounded like a good game with us holding our own

fantastic wall of sound by the Shrimpers following .If it wasnt for that you would have thought you was watching the game in a grave yard .Home following was that poor .

Thought Bury looked the more accomplished and higher division side when we allowed them to retain possession up to the last third. But they seemed to lack the know how in the last third and did'nt really hurt us. You can see why they are struggling. When it came to attacking at speed and with purpose we were a cut above them although we did'nt get the ball into their box often enough.

So I think we more then matched Bury yesterday a side in a higher league thoughts?

We appeared to, but then considering their league position and ours, with our recent results, i think it would have been disappointing had we lost. Now if they were in the top 10, then that would have been a better test of our pedigree.

Theres not a lot of difference between most of League Two and League One.

Last year we did well against League One sides in the cup as well.

Lets see how we do against Bury and Brentford, if we get past them in both cups it will be very promising.

Back