• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday help - where's hot in November?

Pubey

Looking to get some winter sun with the missus and some friends? Needs to be cheap but nice, and hot if possible. Someone mentioned the Canary Islands, but I've never been. Is that a good call?

I was in Gran Canaria last October / November & the weather was very nice. We had a few cloudy days, but when the sun shone it was high 20's.

Stayed in Puerto Rico which if Im absolutely honest is a bit tacky, but very vibrant in places if your looking for nightlife. You can seek out quieter parts of it too if partying all night isnt for you.

Stayed here:-

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...-Puerto_Rico_Gran_Canaria_Canary_Islands.html

Its just outside all the main centres for nightlife, sat right on a marina & I cant praise it high enough, lovely hotel.

I think it's more warm than hot that time of the year.

Have a look at the long haul stuff. The flights may cost more, but once you're out there it's so much cheaper.

Also are you talking about early or late November?

I think it's more warm than hot that time of the year.

Have a look at the long haul stuff. The flights may cost more, but once you're out there it's so much cheaper.

Also are you talking about early or late November?

Probably late November. I don't think we can stretch to long-haul sadly.

PitseaBlue, very useful thanks!

Been here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Gomera
Wouldn't recommend it(even to you).:winking:

As YB says the weather in the Canaries is warm even cool round November rather than hot.

(If you're interested in serious walking-which I doubt somehow- a mate of mine, Charles Davis, has published walking guides to most of the Canary Islands,Mallorca and Britanny too.His stuff is excellent.).

Last edited:
Probably late November. I don't think we can stretch to long-haul sadly.

PitseaBlue, very useful thanks!

Seriously, don't discount long haul on price, particularly if you're going for longer than a week.

I reckon a fortnight in Asia is often cheaper than a fortnight in Europe, even factoring in the flights. There are exceptions - HK, Singapore, Japan - but for the most part once you're out there it's so much cheaper that makes up for the bigger outlay on flights.

Central/South America is also cheap, but unfortunately the flights tend to be more expensive (although a few years back I got a £200 return to Mexico in November which was a right result).

Egypt might also be an option.

Seriously, don't discount long haul on price, particularly if you're going for longer than a week.

I reckon a fortnight in Asia is often cheaper than a fortnight in Europe, even factoring in the flights. There are exceptions - HK, Singapore, Japan - but for the most part once you're out there it's so much cheaper that makes up for the bigger outlay on flights.

Central/South America is also cheap, but unfortunately the flights tend to be more expensive (although a few years back I got a £200 return to Mexico in November which was a right result).

Egypt might also be an option.

Yeah we'll have a look at Egypt. We're only looking to go for a week which is why we'll keep it short-haul.

Yeah we'll have a look at Egypt. We're only looking to go for a week which is why we'll keep it short-haul.

What about the West Indies, there's normally bargains to be had on the all inclusive jobs, such as Sandals, can't say I've tried them.

Or and I'm sure Tinks will suggest a cruise in the Caribbean.

Honestly it needs to be cheap and cheerful really, we're going with mates and it's not a major holiday, just a short week with some sun, food and beer.

as above, Egypt & Tunisia, both still at least 25 in November, fairly cheap All in deals, and not much longer than flying to Southern Europe.

We went to Agadir in Morocco in 2010 for a short break in mid October, lovely beaches, and great food, at least 25 daily. Wasn't all inclusive, but did some research online before we went and found some awesome places to eat that were amazing value. Booked it all sperate, and was still pretty cheap.

What about the West Indies, there's normally bargains to be had on the all inclusive jobs, such as Sandals, can't say I've tried them.

Or and I'm sure Tinks will suggest a cruise in the Caribbean.

haha Harry - you know me too well.
if you are looking for a cheap holiday with sunshine in Nov then Tunsia would be the place however, be mindful that it is a muslim country and drinking is mainly in the hotels.
if you can afford a little extra then try Dubai or Abu Dabui. It is only a 5 hour flight from London

not sure what your closest airport is JT, assumed Bradford/Leeds

http://www.icelolly.com/search-resu...&depapcs[]=BHX&email=Enter+your+email+address
Pretty much equidistant between Leeds, Manchester and East Midlands. Doncaster do a few flights too.

Cheers all, been to Tunisia before and happy to go back, but downside is that drinking is mainly in the hotels. May looks at somewhere more exotic, or give the Canaries a go.

Tony - off to a gite in central France for a holiday in August!

Have been to Canary Islands several times from Nov-Feb Always found the weather to be very pleasant. Best island I have been to is Fuerteventura. If you are looking for somewhere quiet and hot then I would recommend La Palma or if you are looking for somewhere with a bit of life then Fuerteventura is the best option.

Back