• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday thread 2018

Off to Tunisia end of next month (first week of April hols)

Off to Tenerife for 4/5 days in May for our anniversary in the May HT and the lovely wife is letting me shoot off to Marbs the day after for 4 days for MrB's 40th!

Holiday lined up for August - destination unknown!

Worth considering all inclusive with little ones in tow. Not sure how fussy young RT is, but my two were a right pair of awkward sods when we had our first overseas holiday in Spain and I'm glad we were all in. Incidentally, that was to Punta Umbria in South Western Spain - we had a lovely time and PM for more info if you need it!

We are all off to Paphos in June - last one before the kids are in full time school so have splashed out a little on staying in ine of those family holiday villages.

Worth considering all inclusive with little ones in tow. Not sure how fussy young RT is, but my two were a right pair of awkward sods when we had our first overseas holiday in Spain and I'm glad we were all in. Incidentally, that was to Punta Umbria in South Western Spain - we had a lovely time and PM for more info if you need it!

We are all off to Paphos in June - last one before the kids are in full time school so have splashed out a little on staying in ine of those family holiday villages.

All inclusive is great for that pure reason! My kids are fussy as hell especially my eldest daughter. We went to Egypt to Sharm el-sheikh and it was really nice. The kids loved it and again didn't really have to worry if they wasted food, not that expensive either.

I'm going on my honeymoon (2 years late) to Miami then 10 day Caribbean cruise with another 3 nights in Miami afterwards. Then got Disney Paris with the kids in July. That will probably be it for us for a while after those as we want to buy a house, holidays will suffer in its place.

As a general rule avoid any high rise hotels as they tend to be noisier and less child friendly.
I recommend Neilsons, they are a little more up market but great for activities, superb child care, almost all inclusive except for the drinks and 3 meals a week: and they have a fair share of British staff-especially overseeing the food.
Lastly, we won't be booking early this year as I believe prices will fall with the euro (or drachma!).

Menorca is good for kids, know loads of people that have been there. At the moment all we have booked is a mega celebratory family weekend at Center Parcs in June, celebrating my uncle's 70th, my aunt's 60th, my sister's 50th, my cousin's 40th, another cousin and my daughter's 21sts! About 30 of us I think, can't say the prospect is filling me with joy.

Can't say I disagree with you. I can't stand holidays with family. When I have time away, I want to spend it with my wife and kids, not her whole family - about to post in the what is hacking you off thread, but I have a meeting first!

We're personally not fussed about all in. Little'un is a good eater but tends to eat early, and self-catering means we can make his favourite bits and bobs more easily. We're not going to be boozing all day and quite like exploring the towns and finding a nice restaurant to eat in rather than being stuck in a complex.

Things might change very quicky and he turns into Damien!

If you are't bothered about a beach then Marrakech is brilliant, went all inclusive 5star with flights for 3 nights in october for only £190 each and the hotel was a waterpark too! Was a little sceptical before hand with it being a muslim country but the people were amazing, don't think you'll get better value for money

If you are't bothered about a beach then Marrakech is brilliant, went all inclusive 5star with flights for 3 nights in october for only £190 each and the hotel was a waterpark too! Was a little sceptical before hand with it being a muslim country but the people were amazing, don't think you'll get better value for money

Sitting on a balcony overlooking the Djema el-Fna at dusk is one of my all-time holiday highlights. Amazing place.

Sitting on a balcony overlooking the Djema el-Fna at dusk is one of my all-time holiday highlights. Amazing place.

Couldn't fault it at all, loved Medina and the Camel ride with views of the atlas mountains was a highlight too! Will def go back this year, so cheap!

Every day is a holiday here and today i have the pleasure of driving a client back to the airport so he can return home from his short 5 day holiday.
If any one fancies a kid friendly quiet holiday in central France then drop me a p.m.

You kniow you'll have to be polite to the natives :smile:

I'm always polite to the natives, bloody cheek. Our weekend in A Coruna last week was very nice and the only native I took a dislike to was English. Apart from the football, I had a great time.

Back